TTC for 8 Months #1, early 20s..

Katie92

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum malarkey. Me and OH are on cycle 8 of TTC #1.
Was on the pill femodene since I was 17 (one year off as I was originally on microgynan and had to change pills due to making me go nuts.)
Came off July 2015, and still no luck conceiving. It seems everyone else around us are successful but us. It's slowly taking over my life atm. OH is pretty laid back but me, I worry constantly! I'm scared there is something wrong with me. Haven't tried temp charting as being a nurse we have to do nights and different kinds of shifts at varied times. Opks- I just don't believe in them. I'm only 23, OH is 32. Is there anyone out there who have been trying for same amount of time or longer and can give me some hope
Sending baby dust to all you TTC out there
KX

Hey, im on cycle 7 ttc my first. Im 29 and my husband is 30. I have no advice im afraid. ...just to say your not alone. I feel the same; my life is totally consumed by ttc and im worried constantly there is something wrong. Ive decided to give it one more cycle before fertility tests. ...Going private as gp has my records that I was on the pill so they know I haven't been trying a year.

I can't temp either as I wake up all hours. I do use opks though. Im also taking epo and drinking better grapefruit juice for better cm; ive trying to drink more water and have stitched for organic food as much as I can. Got my husband taking wellman and I switch between pregncare and seven seas ttc vitamins. Also startes reflexology and read about 5 books on ttc! Obsessed I think is the word!

Have you made any lifestyle changes or taking any supplements?

As you are a nurse could you ask a doctor at work for some advice? Xx

It's perfectly normal for a healthy couple to take up to a year to conceive, so try not to worry too much just yet.

We took seven months to conceive our first.

I'm now on month 18 ttc our second. I fell pregnant after nine months but had a miscarriage, then fell pregnant again three months later but sadly lost that one too. We're now three months on again from our most recent loss and got our fingers crossed for another bfp soon.

I don't temp but I do opk as I don't always ovulate at the same time. I know you said you didn't want to use OPKs but if you're getting worried about it not happening, then it might be worth a try. If not, just aim to have sex every other day during your cycle and you should be covered.

XX

Hi Katie,

A lot of us can feel your pain. It's all consuming isn't it? We're just coming up to a year ttc number 2 and it's the worst I've ever felt in my life. I feel like every person round about me is having accidents or getting pregnant on their first month. And here's me eating bloody Brazil nuts and pineapple core, doing a headstand after sex, banning hubby from tight boxers and baths and getting nowhere. We're actually considering having a break for a while because it's getting me down so much!

I would definitely give opks a try. Even just one month to reassure you you're ovulating? Then as Emily said every other day will cover you. I'm a nurse too so temping on shifts isn't really an option I know!

I'm afraid I don't really have any other advice but pm me any time you want to chat xx

Thanks for the replies ladies :)
Yeah, I took pregnacare Conception for a while but I found it messed up my cycles, so I stopped that and it's back on track. I have been drinking grapefruit juice as well and taking folic acid. I've also asked one of the doctors and she said it's perfectly normal she's known people trying for years and they have been successful and that these things take time, don't stress, or worry and it will happen.. Which is easier said than done.
I have no idea where to start with opks, do I have to take them every day to determine if I am ovulating? And sex every other day - I'm sure I can sort that one out hehe!
Praying for you all, hope we all get a BFP very soon! Xx

HI, we've been trying nearly a year to.
With opks i do them about 5 days after period has ended, cos I don't wanna miss it, nearer my ov time i do 3 a day aha.
Have you got an app? I use Fertility Friend, tells me when I supposed to ov and it's usually right (if i don't ov anyway). Good luck xx :dust:

Hi Katie,

A lot of us can feel your pain. It's all consuming isn't it? We're just coming up to a year ttc number 2 and it's the worst I've ever felt in my life. I feel like every person round about me is having accidents or getting pregnant on their first month. And here's me eating bloody Brazil nuts and pineapple core, doing a headstand after sex, banning hubby from tight boxers and baths and getting nowhere. We're actually considering having a break for a while because it's getting me down so much!

I would definitely give opks a try. Even just one month to reassure you you're ovulating? Then as Emily said every other day will cover you. I'm a nurse too so temping on shifts isn't really an option I know!

I'm afraid I don't really have any other advice but pm me any time you want to chat xx

Ohh we started ttc same as you :p xx

Hiya, thanks for the opk advice :) I will start doing them in the next cycle, if it isn't our month this month - fingers crossed! I do have an app that I follow - kindara, but AF is always a few days out, so like one month it could 33 days, the next 35 days then 32 and so on.. I don't know whether you would class that as irregular or not? And I'm not sure for definate when I ovulate.
Are you taking any supplements and how do you find opks for you?
Thanks for the reply, it's comforting to know we aren't alone in this. :)

Katie xx

Yeah mines like that too, this month it was 36 days! usually varies between 29-34.
Im taking pregnacare, i swear it helped me ovulate this month, before i ws only oving every 3 months from what I gather.
When i first started using them, was quite difficult to to try and figure out if the lines are the same etc, but the first month i used them i got pregnant! (mc tho). So they are good, I would have no idea if i didnt. (not doing them this month, having a little break).
Yeah, im glad i found this forum, helps loads. :D x

Good luck to you, hope you get a positive soon, thankyou for the advice and reassurance, you will have to keep us updated when the positive arrives!!!
X

Hi Katie,

Ohh we started ttc same as you :p xx

I noticed that too PB. Really is a tough journey isn't it? I'm so desperate not to get to that year milestone, I don't know why. Just dreading it! Hope you're okay hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back