Into my 8th month TTC :-((

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hiya,

I need to vent a bit, so sorry in advance!

I am now into my 8th month of TTC. OH is perfectly fine, his fertility check came back good, I have temped, used OV sticks, stayed off alcohol, changed my diet, stuck my feet in the air, BD EVERY DAY around OV and tried every other day and NOTHING!!

What is it I'm doing wrong. OH has become philosophical "It will happen when the time is right..." but I'm so scared that there is something wrong with me and I can't have children.

Is 8 months getting on for being quite long TTC or am I being unreasonably impatient?

Any help, advice or uplifting stories will be greatly appreciated!

xx

hey FB,

I know where your coming from!

Although I think Im a bit older than you we are now going onto our 8th cycle and Im also wondering will it happen!

My friend is pg who is my age after 6 months....another friends whos just had a baby 7 months ago just found out yest she is 5 wks and is my age and wasnt even trying....so I do ask myself WHY!!!

However....the rational side of me says listen to what the facts are.......and then I think oh yeah yeah it can take couples anything upto a year to concieve so I calm down again!

But I know how you feel coz its frustrating watching everyone around you getting a bfp or a sticky bfp and your not!

Hugs xxx

Hun I was at thje same place thought that there must be something wrong and out of the blue I got a bfp! It wasn't meant to be and I mc at 5 weekes but I know now that I am normal and can conceive just gotta wait for a sticky one! It will happen for you just gotta hang in there! It is actually quite difficult to conceive as everything has to be just perfect, your doing all the right things so it is just a matter of time. Baby dust for you

Is it possible to get +ve opks and be infertile do you think?

It just seems that the more I want this, the harder it is getting.

xx

I'm so sorry MrsMc, that must be so dreadful. Fx for your sticky one!!

xx

I know how you feel, i got myself in a right state and put so much pressure on myself but I tried to chill out a bit and eventually it worked after 8 months. you can put a mental block on it and it can effect you loads try your best to relax about it and give it a year if you can. best of luck, maybe try pre-seed too its said to be very good. xx

Maybe have a month off of opks etc and just do it when you fancy it, you'll bve suprised what happens when you least expect it

8 months isn't really a long time in the grand scheme of things - We've just entered our 5th month and while I want nothing more than to be PG I also know it will take time.

My hubby has adopted the whole 'it will happen when it happens' mentality and its him thats starting to annoy me,
Obviously he doesn't see it how I see it because he already has 3 children and while he wants another one he's not a desperate as me.

My accupuncturist was really good at reassuring me that these things can take time x

Aww hunni, I know ttc is totally frustrating and 8 months seems like forever but it really isn't. I know lots if people who have taken 18 months or more to conceive and it finally happened. They had got to that point of 'it will happen when it happens' and they fell pregnant. One lady I'm talking about, it took her 18 months to fall preg with her first and then she started ttc for their second straight away just in case it took 18 months again - she fell preg within 3 months that time. Someone else I know is in her 20's and it took her 4 years to fall preg, unfortuntely she had m/c but fell preg again very soon after and nearly has her baby - she is so happy!

I never had what I would call positive opks and I thought something was wrong - I don't like them they caused me unnecessary worry! When I got my darkest line, still not as dark as control line it turned out I was pregnant!

Sorry Im just rambling now, lots of baby dust to you - it will happen when you least expect it!!

Hi flopsy, I agree with everyone above. It's just a matter of everything falling into place at the right time - it's a miracle really that some lucky people get pg so quickly! Hang in there, we'll get out BFPs when the time is right Xx

i agree 8 months really isnt that long butttttt when you are really wanting something it can seem like for ever but i had a friend who took 2 years to conceive no 1 and then 18 months for no 2 and caught out right away for no 3 so restasure it will happen hun just relax easier said than done i know but i am sure that one day very soon you will get your bfp and i agree a month off ovulation sticks will take pressure off and just enjoy bding when you fancy and you never know this could then be your month fingers x for you hun...xx

Hi hun, I'm in my 7th month now and it is so frustrating so this month I have stopped doing OPK's and all that and will just bd when we feel like bd'ing...my close friend has 2 kids and it took her 9 months to fall with the first and she was trying for 8 months with the second, their circumstances changed so they stopped trying and she fell PG straight away...so this is what I'm trying to do. If anything I'm trying to put TTC right to the back of my mind (as hard as that is) and hopefully if I'm not so stressed about it my time will come and I'll get my BFP.
Good luck hun. xxxxx

Hiya!

We're on cycle 5 but month 7 (long-ish cycles). In my sub-concious I keep thinking there's something wrong with me and that i'm destined not to be a Mum. But in reality I know it's just going to take us some time. The frustrating thing for us is that every couple we know has concieved all of their children within 2 months of TTC! My Bro and his GF conceived within 6 weeks of being together and she was on the pill!!

I know all of our times will come eventually it's just a case of sitting back, relaxing and waiting patiently!! And believe me i'm beginning to find it very hard to be patient! lol

Good luck to us all! :)

xxxx

Its frustrating hun I know.We have been trying 16 months.Have gone through all the tests and just discovered my right fallopian tube is completely blocked.OH still waitin' for his results.I new there was something wrong as I have 2 kids from a previous relationship that were conceived very easily.Just hoping OH results fine.
We all just have to be patient.Its so hard though.xxx

Thank you so much for all the advice girls! Its reassuring to know that I am not the only one and there are some positive stories too!

I actually didn't use OPKs this last month, ran out and thought I would let nature take it's course, but because I have slightly irregular cycles, I'm not sure if we missed OV. OH claimed exhaustion, so no BD for 6 days!!

This month, I will use them again and maybe try pre-seed.

xx

I always heard that you only have 50% change each month that your egg is healthy enough to be fertilized and that every fertilized egg (so 50% change each month) has only a 20% change to grow into a healthy baby. This means that there is actually only a one in fifth change every other month to get pregnant ( on average).

Why some women get pregnant fast(er) than other is not always for a reason.

Ofcourse a healhty lifestyle with no smoking or other addictions, plenty of exercise (meaning a 30minute walk every day) and a good nutricious diet are things that can increase your changes.

Also being extremely underweight or overweight could make it harder to fall pregnant. And then ofcourse as we age the change also declines.

But that being said that is not always true for anyone. Sometimes older women get pregnant easily and younger women take some time to get pregnant.

I cannot know how you would feel because I have been very fortunate in getting pregnant, but I wanted to send you all the sticky baby dust so you will get your BFP soon!!!

I always heard that in a year of trying 80% of the people (actively TTC) get pregnant, so I would say if you cross that time span perhaps then you can get some tests done?

Good luck .

Last edited:
I can sympathise with each and every word...we're on our 7month of trying now and all around me people seem to be effortlessly falling pregnant, but scratch the surface and there are probably tonnes of people in our position too. Can't wait for the day when I'm holding my own baby, it just seems so, so far away. Vent all you like flopsy (you really have to tell me your real name, I feel so silly calling you that!) we're all here for you, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back