TTC after Injection

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've recently joined the site and have loads of questions!
I was wondering if other ppl are TTC after the injection?
I was on the injection for 9months having my last one in June. I know from the info I was given at the Doctors it can take anything from 3 months to 2 years to leave your system. I had a light period at the end of september and then again in the middle of October (I'm not 100% sure they were true periods!). All of last week I felt that I should have come on but didn't so did a hpt and got a BFN. I had to go to the Drs today as have had a really bad pain in the right side of my stomach for the last 2 days. At the end of the appointment I asked about the side effects of coming off the injection, mentioning that I've been feeling sick, dizzy, and that my breast are sore. He immediately asked if I could be pregnant and has advised me to take a test tomorrow or saturday. I was wondering whether others have had similar side effects after coming off the injection? Sorry for going on and thanks for the help!
Cat x

Hey hun, i was on the injection but only for around 4 months and i came off it about 2 years before ttc, all i know is that ever since i have had long irregular cycles that i never had before injection. It helps to know if you are ovulating

Sorry i'm not very helpful but i'm sure someone else on here has ttc staright away after coming off injection.

Hi Cat, I was on the injection for 10 years! I came off it June 2009 and I got my first period in January 2010. Ive had regular periods ever since starting every 29 days and now 28.

I get really bad pains every month but I used to get them before I had the injection(one of the reasons I went on it).

In my experience as you werent on it for very long it shouldnt take your body too long to get back to normal.

Good luck xxx

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Thank you for the replies I know I'm going to have to wait and see! I never had pain before I went on it so I think I was getting a bit confused with that and the side effects!
I was thinking of getting an ovulation kit but haven't decided yet I think I need to get myself more prepared!
Thanks again x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back