DEPO INJECTION

Misty1981

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone had the depo injection?? I was on it for 2 years after having my last child. I received my last injection xmas eve last year to ttc our 2nd. I have heard that could take 18-24 months or more to get pregnant or even start to ovulate. The past week I have experienced severe headaches, stomach cramps, back twinges, sicky feeling, fatigue, toilet trips often and constipation, I know that pregnancy syptoms are had coming off the injection, as have had them the past few weeks, but now my stomach looks like growing and clothes are starting to get tight. It has been nearly 9 weeks since I was due to go, do you think I could be pregnant and when do you usually start to show?? : :? :?

Hi,

I had my last depo jab in feb 2004 and i'm sick and tired of waiting for my AF to return to normal. We have been TTC for 13 months and i feel really let down by the lack of information i was given when they suggected i use the depo. As the reason for taking the depo wasnt contraception but other problems i feel they should have told me of the side effects and that it could take 2 years to get out my system! My friend (whos also on the depo) told me this and i couldnt beleive it when the doctor confirmed my worries, the doctor knew i wanted kids in the next couple of years so it really wasnt the best thing to use.

I dont normally rant on like this but i am really fed up lately with my AF as i dont even know when its due to test, i cant have a ticker as i dont know how long my cycle is!! The doctors have done blood tests which have returned normal. To make things worse i have had every pregnancy symptom going over the last 13 months and keep getting BFN when i'm sure i'm finally PG. I have a huge pregnant looking belly so i hope this month i get a BFP, has anyone else suffereed weight gain coming of the depo or pill, normally they say you get it when you start it? Ah i feel better now my rants over! :oops:

I really really hope you are pregnant and if not you get that BFP really soon!

BABY DUST BY THE BUCKET LOAD!!!!!!!
I wanna be a mummy!

Hi, I know that this is like asking 'How long is a piece of string?', but I was wondering if I could ask for experiences of using Depo and the average length of time it usually takes to become fertile.

I have been using depo for six years and we are now ready to start a family. I'm worried that, because I've been on it for so long, it will take me the full 18-24 months to be able to conceive - is this how it works? There doesn't seem to be any concrete info out there (probably because no-one has the same experience with it :wink: )

All help/advice gratefully accepted!

Hi all, just a quick post with some info I've received, hope its of use to someone. Apparently going on the pill after using Depo can help to 'kick-start' your cycle (because it controls your cycle it can actually create one). It might be worth discussing with your GP :?: Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back