TTC after Depo Provera Injection.

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Heya!

As I already have posted, I'm in my 3rd month TTC and now starting to wonder why I haven't go pregnant yet. I have started OPK this month and still no positive for ovulation on CD15.

My main question is, however, if anyone knows if the Depo Provera contraceptive injection has any lasting effects on fertility. I had my last depo injection 2 years ago after taking it for 3 years. I have read on the internet that some women have problems conceiving after it and I'm just wondering if any of you girls here know any more about that??

xx

i was on the depo for 5 years and fell pregnant 6 months after i stopped taking it. i think everyone is different. hope you get your bfp soon hun xx

didn't want to read n run but wishing you lots of luck with ttc. Maybe just take your body a while to get back to normal? x

Me too Karen78!!! I think maybe I am starting to worry too much. I am in my early twenties so thought I would conceive quickly. I am starting to worry that there may be a fertility problem with me or my OH.

xx

I had Depo Provera once with disastrous effects on my body and mind - I took Agnus Castus tablets to get my periods back and they returned within 3 months, although I wasnt TTC at the time, I havent taken any synthetic contraceptives since then. This is what I found regarding Agnus Castus and fertility:

Herbal treatment is aimed at restoring hormone imbalances, and encouraging ovulation if it is not occurring. It will also give you the best possible chance of maintaining a pregnancy, should you conceive.
Agnus Castus (Vitex or Chaste tree berry)
This is the herb of choice for helping to restore hormone imbalance and increasing fertility. In one study 48 women diagnosed with infertility took agnus castus daily for three months, 7 of them became pregnant during that time and 25 of them regained normal progesterone levels.
Agnus castus is particularly helpful for those women who have a luteal phase defect (shortened second half to the cycle) or those with high prolactin levels, because it stimulates the proper functioning of the pituitary gland which controls the hormones.
Agnus castus works to restore hormonal balance and can be used where there are hormone deficits as well as excesses it:
  • Regulates periods
  • Restarts periods which have stopped
  • Helps with heavy bleeding
  • Increases the ratio of progesterone to oestrogen by balancing excess oestrogen.
Note:
Don't take any herbs while you are using drug treatments or going through assisted conception (such as IVF), unless prescribed by a qualified practitioner.
Caution

You should not take any of the above herbs if you are taking, The Pill, Fertillity drugs, HRT or any other hormonal treatment or other medication unless they are recommended by a registered, experienced practitioner.

Good luck :hug:

he i cant advise on the injection but wanted to send you baby dust

I was on the Depo a few years ago (very early twenties) and it took over 9 months and a trip to the doctor for some "hormonal kick-start" tablets - still no idea what they were - to get me back on to a cycle, of sorts. It then took another 2 years for me to have a "normal" kind of cycle.

Depo can really affect your fertility rate but it is dependent upon the person. You've been off it for 2 years, though, so I would have imagined you *should* be ok.

Try and not to panic too much - it's still early days for TTC (says the woman panicking because she's in her 30s and TTC and unsuccessful after 1 month :roll:) and OPKs don't work for everyone.

Wish you all the best with TTC. What OPKs are you using? Some are better than others...

Heya girls, thanks for your replies! I got a postive OPK result so I'm not so worried about any effects from Depo. I think I'm just focusing too much on things that might be wrong instead of just accepting that it is just taking time. The trouble is I want this pregnancy now! I don't want to wait for ages! LOL I'm sounding like a spoiled child, sorry!!

:bunny: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back