TTC after Cerazette?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Hi to all, I'm brand new to this forum and TTC.
I stopped taking Cerazette and came on my 'period' about a week later, although I wasn't sure if it was a real period or just brought on by change of hormones after stopping the pill. If it was real and my body went back to normal quickly, then I would've been due my next period this weekend.
I haven't come on yet, but for the past week or so my breasts have been extremely sore, I can't even let my boyfriend touch them. I have also been a little constipated, had heartburn and dizziness. My boyfriend & I have sex regularly (everyday) and have used no other protection since stopping the pill.
I didn't think it was possible to get pregnant so soon after stopping the pill (especially after the horror stories I've heard about Cerazette!)
When would be the right time to take a pregnancy test?

Last edited:
i came off cerezette in september had a period a week later then i didnt have a period until last month but i kno it is possible to fall pregnant straight away i have read about when the best time is to test and on the clearblue website it says 19 days after unprotected sex.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum :)

hi i am pregnant at the min i stopped my pill in dec and came on 2 days later then didnt come on the month after so i left it another 2 wks thought it mite of just my body getting use to life without the pill and still no signs so i did a test and i was pregnant about 6 wks by then so it is possible. Not sure what pill I was on something 30 i think not the same as yoursgood luck xx

welcome to the forum. I would take a test when u think AF may be due!?

Welcome to the forum, I stopped the pill (cilest) in dec had my normal withdrawl bleed and then a period start of jan so thought all was back to normal and then had a 50 day cycle last month - very annoying but it varies from person to person how quickly your body gets back to normal.
My doctor did say that during the first month off the pill you are actually very fertile - you're not out until the :witch: arrives!
I would take the test the day you think your period is due based on your last cycle and see what you get. Make sure you keep us in the loop. :)

Thank you for your replies. I'll definitely keep you in the loop :)

I think I'll take a test. Does it really matter if you take it morning or evening? I know it's supposed to be more accurate in the morning, but is it really going to make a difference to whether or not I receive a positive result?

I was told that your hormones are stronger in the morning no idea how true that is maybe the other ladies can help x

If you are very early on and dont have much hgc hormone in your system then using first morning pee means it will be more concentrated and you will get a more definite result.

Dont mean to scare you hun , but i came off Cerazette in october and i have had no luck yet :( ive been waiting to meet someone on cerazette.

hope it works out differently for you though hun x

its taken me from october to get af aftertaking cerezette so we i the same boat x

My AF's back to normal and has been since november just cant seem to conceive x

Ok, I took a test today. There was a super super faint line in the positive window - and I mean barely visible. In fact I thought I was just imagining it or that it was a shadow. But asked my fiance and he said he could see something. Sorry we're new to all this and you have probably heard it all before but we did get a little teeny bit excited. I will wait and test again in a week or so, because I guess it could be nothing.

Wow a week!!! I would not have the will power to not test for a whole week after a faint line :)

Hehe Frankie I couldn't wait - I bought a clearblue digital today and I'm going to test again tomorrow morning!

He he - knew no-one could last!!!! Good luck for tomorrow morning, make sure you let us know! :)

Well... I didn't know whether to post here or in the BFP section... which means yes I took the test, and I am pregnant! Totally amazed and soooo happy. I feel very lucky to have been successful on the first try! But there you go, proof that Cerazette isn't that bad! :)

Congratulations, hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

:stork:Congratulations as Frankie says here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy congrats again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back