TTC after stopping cerazette and no luck :(

natalie25

Reaction score
hey all, i stopped taking cerazette around 4 months ago now and the whole time ive stop taking it ive not had a withdrawal bleed yet. me and my partner decided we wanted another baby so i stopped taking cerazette to let it come out of my system, but 4 months later ve still not had a withdrawal bleed nor a period.

at first we thought i may have gotten pregnant straight away as i had some symptoms of pregnancy, which was feeling sick, couldnt stay awake, horrid taste in my mouth, bad back, and going to the loo every 5 minutes, but ive taken 3 pregnancy tests all different days and all morning specimans and even a doctors test and all come up negative.

how long has it taken for other people to get back to normal after taking this cerazette? for me it hasnt been worth taking it if its taking this long to get it out of my system.

any advice?

thanks
natalie
x

it varies from person to person hun x i would see your GP and ask if there is anyting he can give you to maybe prompt your period to come on to get you back into come kind of cycle xxxx

hope it all works itself out for you

4 months seems a long time - can they do some other tests?

You could try the herbal supplement dong quai. You need to check for pregnancy carefully though as it's once of those things that you take usually in first half of the cycle, but its a "uterine stimulant", so it may help just get things revvd up again? You can buy it otc or on amazon quite easily.

I havent had a period for 6 months since coming off the pill hun, I have been to the doctors and am still doing so at the moment. Have a check up with the doctor as it will help put your mind at rest xxxx

I have been using Cerazette for about 4 years - I came off in dec 08, ovulated 19 days after stopping and had period 14 days after that - next cycle was the same and the 3rd cycle was the same resulting in a bfp.

I have just came off it again - this time I had a bleed 19 days after coming off and then ovulated 17 days later, then AF is just finishing.

Cerazette is supposed to come out of your system pretty quick, did you have regular cycles before going on it, was you on it last time when you had your baby?

I took Agnus Castus the 1st 2 cycles coming off it in 2009, but took evening primrose oil this time - both these remedies help to balance hormones and therfore help regulate your cycle.

Hiya hun, I came off cerezette in January it took nearly months for my period to come back to normal but I have heard other people say it has taken several months longer so it probably is fine and your body still adjusting but its definitely worth checking in with your GP to get advice.. the pregnancy type symptoms you are referring to I experienced exactely the same roughly between about 3-8 weeks after coming off the pill , I too was convinced at the time I was pregnant and its only from reading other peoples comments on this forum that I realised it was unlikely (although still potentially could be the case in your situation) xx

hey all, i went on cerazette around january, after i had my baby in june last year i went back onto the implant in july, but i was bleeding from birth (june) to at least december so i had it out and then went onto cerazette and before i was pregnant i was on microgynon. ive been on the phone to the doctors and they have arranged for me to have a blood test on tuesday, so hopefully might get some more answers on whats happening then.

xx

4 months seems a long time - can they do some other tests?

You could try the herbal supplement dong quai. You need to check for pregnancy carefully though as it's once of those things that you take usually in first half of the cycle, but its a "uterine stimulant", so it may help just get things revvd up again? You can buy it otc or on amazon quite easily.

Think I may go and invest in some of this. i've spoke to my mums friend/neighbour across the road as she works in Holland & Barrat and she said she knows a few people who are on this TTC. So yeah i may try this instead of AC as this gave me lots of severe head aches!

X

I was on Cerazette for just over 3 years. I stopped this in September/October 2011 and I got my first period December, not really had a proper one from then until last week. Everybody is different, but I have heard that Cerazette is one of the worst pills to leave your system!! :(

X x

I came off cerazette on May 31st and got AF 28 days later, so I guess that was lucky. The first 3 weeks of coming off cerazette, i had all the kind of symptoms you did- i was convinced i was pregnant, sore boobs, cramps and needing to pee every five minutes. Strangely all these symptoms went away completely 2-3 days before AF arrived...Accoding to my doc, cerazette will be out of your system within a day, but there are definitely quite a few posts out there where it has taken people quite a while to get their cycle back to normal. Good luck x

hey all, i got some great news. i decided to get 2 pregnancy tests just to make sure as i was going to get some ovulation tests too but decided not to, i did one test earlier this afternoon to reveal 2 seriously dark lines next to each other showing a positive result. so i waited til the afternoon and used the other test and it also came out positive, went to my doctors and they also got a positive result. so yeah im pregnant :) we're not sure how far along i am at the moment because ive not had a period for over 22 weeks due to cerazette but hopefully find out soon!

so happy!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back