Post-pill cycle - advice please...

fiobee

Reaction score
I've recently come off the pill. Had one period on a normal timescale i.e. about a month after stopping the pill and lasting for about a week.

About a month later, I've had another short "period" about 3-4 days. So, was that a "real" period or am I still chock-full of pill hormones? :?

I was told that you can start TTC as soon as you stop taking the pill and that the only uncertainty is when your first period is due as the pill masks your cycle but now I'm not sure... Before going on the pill, about 8-9 years ago, I had a very irregular cycle but the periods were all normal length.

My first few months off the pill my periods were a bit wacky, it took a few months to calm down into a normal cycle.

Hiya

Welcome to the forum

I too came off the pill after 10 years. A day or so after coming off, I had an AF (period) and so far, my cycle has been 24 days, 30 days and 26 days so I am running a little irregular.

However, I was dreading coming off the pill because my AF used to be really heavy and long but so far, my AF has been much shorter. It used to drag on for 7-10 days but now its over in 3-5 days. I think this is normal so don't worry!

Alice x

"About a month later, I've had another short "period" about 3-4 days. So, was that a "real" period or am I still chock-full of pill hormones? "

Hi!

I read somewhere that periods can be a bit off balance after stopping the pill but apparently the pill is out of your body aftern two days.

The change in your body is the fact that it has to actually get used to ovulating again as it hasn't done it for a while.

I came off the pill over a month ago, had my AF within a few days but generally how long did it take you all to get your second AF?

I have had pg symptoms and not sure if a missing AF will be PG or stopping pill?

Had a BFN today as my AF is due today.

Any help gratefully received x

Alicebabe said:
I too came off the pill after 10 years. A day or so after coming off, I had an AF (period) and so far, my cycle has been 24 days, 30 days and 26 days so I am running a little irregular.

However, I was dreading coming off the pill because my AF used to be really heavy and long but so far, my AF has been much shorter. It used to drag on for 7-10 days but now its over in 3-5 days. I think this is normal so don't worry!
Ooh, thanks for posting that. My mother has been scaring me about being on the pill for too long (even though the doctor said there was no problem being on the pill for 10 years). I'm pleased to know there's nothing wrong. :)

kirlykird said:
I came off the pill over a month ago, had my AF within a few days but generally how long did it take you all to get your second AF?

I have had pg symptoms and not sure if a missing AF will be PG or stopping pill?

Had a BFN today as my AF is due today.
For me: last pill May 5th, first AF June 2nd, second AF June 28th. Not very useful though - I think the third one will be more helpful in working out dates. As it is, I've no idea if I'm early or late or what time to get depressed next month! Fingers crossed for you though.

thanks x

My AF is on day 28 today so I'm starting to wonder if I should start to think I may to be super irregular!
:?

sorry :oops:

The above doesn't make sense....

should read...

I am starting to wonder if I may be pg or just super irregular!?

Well i stopped pill 26/05
AF 29/05
Finished AF 02/06
Due AF 26/06
No AF 06/07 still!!
Im testing BFN every day and its annoying! I have AF pains on and off but know that AF pains can be mistaken for PG pains!
Im so confused! Been using ACON ultra early, normal tests and a first response and they all say BFN!!
I had irregular AF before going on the pill but when i came off it the first time with my first TTC, they were on time (28-30 days apart) and concieved Jaycee 3 months (to the day!!) later!
Weird.. stopped pill 23rd June 2003, concieved 23rd Sep 2003 then had her 23rd June 2004 lol!

Anyway, ur not alone honey!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back