TTC after a loss.

Hi snowbee! Lovely to see you here, actually its rubbish because I wish none of us were here but you know what I mean :). Hope the meds work for you. I remember you talking about the trial. Were they the ones that have to do with 'killer cells'?

Hey ladies can't believe I've only just seen this thread!

Ttc is hard but after loss and losses omg the fun has just been completely wiped out if it!

I've had 3 really early losses and 1 blighted ovum losing it 8 weeks.

The hardest part of tic for me is finding out yet another person I know is expecting seemingly with zero problems, it tears me apart. I can handle AF coming every month but just not hearing another pregnancy announcement.

I'm terrified it will happen again as well but I will carry on trying though my son needs a sibling.

I have a recurrent miscarriage appointment in April not sure I will get any answers.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies

Xxx

Welcome Tonks. I know what you mean about the fun being taken out of it. My husband says I over think stuff but its hard not to.

Last edited:
Bunny did I see you have your bfp? If so congratulations!

Yes! I'm due dec 16th. I'm really excited and feeling quite positive about it. Of course there is a bit of panic in the back of my mind but I'm managing not to give into it so far. I expect its going to get harder when we get closer to our loss date from last time but for now we are just tring to enjoy each day. We are hoping to hold out until almost 12 weeks to tell people because everyone is going to worry so much after i almost died during my last mc that I dont want it to ruin this pregnancy. In my other pregnancies we had to tell people long before that though because i had such bad sickness. I'm only 5 weeks but so far I feel fine. I'm hoping that is a sign I wont be so bad this time as I'd already been sick by now last time. Of course the panic starts to creep in that lack of sickness is a bad sign but peed on an IC today and it was a lovely dark line, way darker than a few days ago, so that made me feel better.

That is great news :) Hope the rest of us can join you soon.

I really hope so! I wasnt sure about bringing up my BFP here because I know it can be a bit of a raw subject after a loss. I was avoiding BFP announcements myself a couple of months back. So i hope it doesnt upset anyone.

I'm always pleased to see a bfp after mc or ltttc :) Yes I do wish that we were going with you to tri1 and beyond but it is still nice to see that there can be a success story to give us a bit of hope. It isn't possible for us to have a baby in 2016 now, so hopefully 2017 will be the year (god I've been saying that for bloody years now, 2017 better be the year!)

I hope to see more of you lovely ladies in tri 1 soon.
I'm pregnant again but very very anxious that this could end badly. I'm trying to be positive.
I'm hoping its 5th time lucky for me this time.

Xxx

Aw tonks it must be hard after 4 losses. Do they have a plan of treatment for you this time around?

I haven't seen anyone yet.

I was meant to have my first recurrent miscarriage appointment last Tuesday which I've been waiting for since my last MC in January! However they cancelled it. Apparently it had been booked in with the incorrect consultant!
I've already rung the Epu and they are booking me for an early scan a week this Tuesday coming.

Got my letter today for the rescheduled recurrent miscarriage appointment it's on the 11th May now, so i'll be about 9 weeks by then. I'm still going though because I'm not going through the whole referral process again if I need to.

I've got a busy few weeks coming up now with all these appointments lol.

Xxx

So sorry for all of your losses. I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks in February which was totally devaststing and then a chemical pregnancy last cycle. Currently on CD9 but I think I may have already ovulated (just posted a new thread about it). Did any of you have early ovulation after miscarriage?

My cycles seemed to go a bit funny. I had my 1st period pretty quick after the MC then had a couple of long cycles a normal one and a 26 day one where I ovulated on CD12. Going by OPKs I ov'd on CD12 again this last one which I'm pretty sure of because I got my BFP 9dpo.

Dealing with two losses so close together must be hard. I hope you get a sticky bean soon.

Last edited:
Yeah it's heartbreaking. I had bleeding at 13 and a half weeks and went for an ultrasound and saw the baby perfectly formed, super active, bouncing about my womb heart beating away. I was reassured everything was OK. We had been so worried about the bleeding and were overjoyed to be told everything was OK, messaged my OH and he burst into tears at work with happiness. Then the very next day I miscarried. X

Congratulations bunny have a happy and healthy nine months, really hope this is a sticky one! xx

Cameron that sounds awful :( do you know why it happened did they find out? So sorry for your loss, big hugs xx

Last edited:
It was caused by a large subchorionic heamatoma. I'm now having tests done to see if I have something called "sticky blood syndrome" and they said any future pregnancies will be treated as high risk and monitored from 6 weeks. That one was too tho, I had 11 scans in 14 weeks!

Xx

I had several subchorionic heamatomas with DD. Thankfully she was okay. I was worried my MC might be related but the the placeta still looked fine on the scan after baby had died so it seems unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back