TTC after a loss.

BunnyN

Reaction score
After my MC the ladies from the June Mummies loss thread were a great support. I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk for those of us who are TTC again and any other ladies who are TTC after a loss are welcome to join.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss :( sadly we have quite a few ladies who are TTC after their own losses, you aren't alone in this but so sorry to hear of your loss xxx

Ttc after a loss sucks but then again I dunno what it feels like to be just ttc blah. It really does take the fun out of it. Great thread but wish there was no need for it xxx

Ttc after 2 mc, still trying for first baby. So scared xx

Sorry for your loss hun.

I'm ttc after my second missed miscarriage.

A loss changes everything about ttc and pregnancy. I know mc happens to so many ladies but I never imagined it would happen to me, let alone twice.

My next pregnancy, I will just expect the worst if I'm honest. Can't imagine having a scan and it being good news.

Good luck hun.

XX

Sorry to hear about your loss ️xx

I will be TTC after 2 losses in a few months once i get some bloods done, I really want to try asap but doctor said she won't do the blood test of I'm pregnant so I've got to wait for the hormone to go then I can have them done!

Baby dust to all of you :) xxxx

Sorry to hear about your losses, I just had a loss around a month ago so will start TTC soon.

Good luck to you all x

Thanks ladies. Sorry you are all in this thread but its lovely to have support. At least my last two pregnancies went well and I have a two toddlers already who keep me busy. I cant imagine going through it as many times as some of you ladies. I have read some of your posts on the forum before. I have a friend who had about 10 losses but recently had a lovely baby boy.

Well I woke up to AF thismorning which makes my cycle 26 days. I thought I was back on a regular 28 day cycle... ahhrgh. Now I'm not sure if my LP is short or if I o'd early, I had a short LP in the past but that was because of breastfeeding. Going by OPKs it looks more like I o'd early.

Oo, I like the idea of this thread! I'm currently ttc my first after 2 losses. I think this will be a great thread for girls who's having a tough day!! xx

Sticky baby dust to everyone! :dust::dust:

Sorry about your losses PeanutButter. Two in a row must be really hard. I've had two losses too but two healthy pregnancies inbetween. I started the thread because the loss forum didnt really feel like the place to chat about TTC and BFPs etc but I feel a bit lost on the TTC forum just now.

AF came two days early this month which means I'm on to my 4th (or 5th depening on how you count it) cycle since the MC. If I get pregnant this month it will make my due date about December 20th. I really didnt want to be due around christmas because the midwife we want might be on holiday then and hospitals are always understaffed etc. I asked OH what he thinks and we agread to take a break TTC this month. I'm not sure if we actually are in practice though as we havent really done anything about it and I'm 9dpo now. I just cant bring myself to actually try and prevent getting pregnant.

Last edited:
Oh, a lot of people do that though because of giving birth at bad times. I can see why though, but personally I couldn't do it, not bothered when they're born, lol. But everyone's different.
But honestly, if I get preg again, it'll most likely end is MC again, the doctors wont help me until i've had three mcs', so i've got that to come, at least I wont get my hopes up next time.
Are you still dtd without protection? x

My loss was shock for me. Healthy first pregnancy and baby. I saw a heart beat in 7w... in 11 week scan they told us that its gone. It was in Jan my son doesnt know. I didnt know how to tell him. He want a baby so much its heart breaking for me how he already loved this bean. He just need to wait a little bit longer hopefully soon. I really hope for december baby....

Oh, a lot of people do that though because of giving birth at bad times. I can see why though, but personally I couldn't do it, not bothered when they're born, lol. But everyone's different.
But honestly, if I get preg again, it'll most likely end is MC again, the doctors wont help me until i've had three mcs', so i've got that to come, at least I wont get my hopes up next time.
Are you still dtd without protection? x

I'm sure when you are having trouble with having your first baby it seems silly to worry about what month its born in. I'm torn. My emotional side says I dont care when the baby is born. My practical side tells me we should wait a month. We have good reasons to wait. I have asthma and severe allergies and I react to perfumues, cleaning products and some medications so a hospital birth is problematic for me. We had home births with our last two and found a wonderful MW who we really like and has a lot of experience but she usually goes away to visit family at christmas time. To complicate matters I almost died during my MC and it took OH a while to be able to consider TTC again so we really need someone we trust if we do another home birth. All those good reasons to wait and yet we havent started using protection yet. OH has a bad leg so we havnt dtd in a few days though.

My loss was shock for me. Healthy first pregnancy and baby. I saw a heart beat in 7w... in 11 week scan they told us that its gone. It was in Jan my son doesnt know. I didnt know how to tell him. He want a baby so much its heart breaking for me how he already loved this bean. He just need to wait a little bit longer hopefully soon. I really hope for december baby....

Simmilar here although we went to get a scan because I had slight spotting. Finding out with no clue anything is wrong must be a total shock.

We never explained the loss to our girl either. We decided she is too young to understand propperly. I didnt think she understood about me being pregnant but then I was feeling sick a few days ago and our little girl asked if it was because of the baby in my tummy. I had bad morning sickness before we lost the baby.

We are ntnp for this cycle as my EDD would be 23rd Dec if I fell pregnant.

I'm away for part of my fertile week anyway so don't think we're in with much of a chance anyway.

I've had two missed miscarriages, the first in September of last year and the second in January. Hoping it'll be third time lucky!

XX

Simmilar here although we went to get a scan because I had slight spotting. Finding out with no clue anything is wrong must be a total shock.

We never explained the loss to our girl either. We decided she is too young to understand propperly. I didnt think she understood about me being pregnant but then I was feeling sick a few days ago and our little girl asked if it was because of the baby in my tummy. I had bad morning sickness before we lost the baby.

My son is almost 4 and before sleep time in a bed after book he always asked me to show him a app to see how baby is looking today. Im so crying right now :( its so difficult.
He is sometimes saying that he have something for a baby or dont want to make a huge hug to "not crush a baby" first weeks when he was saying that i was crying secretly in other rooms. Heart breaking. I really hope for a baby for us, for him.

4 is a hard age because he is old enough to understand a lot but still quite young for explaining loss to. DD was only 2.5 when we lost the baby so she knew something but didnt fully understand.

We are ntnp for this cycle as my EDD would be 23rd Dec if I fell pregnant.

I'm away for part of my fertile week anyway so don't think we're in with much of a chance anyway.

I've had two missed miscarriages, the first in September of last year and the second in January. Hoping it'll be third time lucky!

XX

I guess we are ntnp too. Which kind of means OH is NP and I am TTC, lol. I will do OPKs anyway so I know what my cycle is up to and if I know when I'm ovulating I cant really claim not to be TTC. OH's bad leg is slowing us down a bit so that might lower our chances.

Hi Bunny can I move in here from the June loss thread please :)

We are year 4 of ttc our first. So far in four years we have had two mcs.

I'm currently on clomid to try and speed things along and also on a trial for recurrent mc. Hopefully the clomid will get me pregnant and the trail meds will keep me pregnant. I'll be honest though I'm not at all hopeful. I've now moved into a super high mc category. I can just about imagine getting that bfp but I can't relate that to having a baby at the end of it.

Feeling a bit crappy this week as my cousin has announced she is pregnant. Why can't we be too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back