Just had a mc and now want ttc

HelenJ

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I just had a miscariage and got the embryo removed on monday. The doctor said my ovulation will be in 2-4 weeks so we will ttc this cycle. Anyone else who is also ttc after a miscarriage? Iam hoping we will be pregnant again this month but hoping there are some ladies here who has the same experience and are also trying. Xx

I have ttc immediately after a mc/chemical pregnancy and I'm pregnant again (I hope) straight away. Really scared though as I've already had a bleed but tests are getting stronger.

Fingers crossed for you and dust x

I had a mmc in feb been trying since then but hasnt worked yet. It is very frustrating i had spotting after my first period for a whole month so i dont think my body adjusted very quickly. I have heard women fall pregnant within the first month though so good luck to you xx

Thre is mixed advice on this. Some docs say to wait a cycle to balance the hormones. OThers dont. I had the same situation and I did decide to try and conceive straight away but I found the stress of trying to replace what I has just lost made me very tense that cycle.

I think if you miscarried very early then docs are more likely to say its cool to ttc straight away on the next cycle.

So sorry for your loss, lots of love x

i had a mmc 5 weeks ago erpc done 4 weeks ago i was 10 weeks baby stopped at week 7 sometime so my hcg level was pretty high untill last week wen my hpt was virtualy negative meaning the hcg levels were quite low so my body i think ovulated last friday/saturday as got a quite a gd line on a opk :) so i went for it i have no time to wait about cos of my age 39 so i have just wnet for it and i have asprin and folic acid off doctor due to 2 mmcs in ayr so am hoping the asprin will thicken my linning of womb enough to hold an embryo in place cos this is what they say that after dnc or erpc ur linning is very thin this is one of the reaons they like you to wait at least 1 cycle also so they can date a pregnany better but as most of us ladies here follow out cycles with opks n wat not we know pretty well wen we ov hehe im hoping i caught first month but if i havnt then onto next month,gd luck helen hope ur ok xxxx

Sorry to hear about your loss Helen. I had a miscarriage in February and if I could have I would have conceived straight away afterwards. We have been ttc since with no joy but remain hopeful. The only reason it's advised to wait after a miscarriage before conceiving is that it makes dating easier. Good look Hun I hope you get your bfp soon xxx

Oh dear Helen,

It really is a difficult decision whether to wait a cycle or not?

I am inclined to say that as you had to have the operation you may be better off waiting?

I miscarried at 5 weeks in September 2011 and fell pregnant the very next cycle only to miscarry at 6 weeks in November 2011.

I am conviced that for me personally my body needed a break and I do think that not waiting a cycle or two could have led to the 2nd m/c (which was my 3rd in total) - we had a few months off of TTC and that seems to have worked :lol:

Whatever you decide I wish you all the best

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
The doctor told me there would be absolutely no problem in getting pregnant right away. So we will just go for it. It will not replace the other baby but it will never also not if I wait another month or two or more. It will always be my lost child that I will never meet and if I grt pregnant soon I hope I will be anle to meet this baby. At least I get an ultrasound at 6 weeks because of the mc and I will get an ultrasound in two weeks from now to see if it has healed well. There were no complications and I hardly bleed, only day on and haven't bled at all except for a few drops yesterday and today so I am lucky I guess.

Hi helen, im ttc after miscarriage too. Had one cycle since but started trying straight away, i bled for around a week and got my period about 4.5 weeks later so just a bit longer than usual. good luck and im sorry for your loss :hug:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I mc in may and ttc straight away but got my first af right on time last week. Back to ttc again this month. Going to try and get more sense from my opk's as don't think I've used them often enough in the past. Oh, and guess we should bd occasionally too....! ;) We aren't very 'active' in that department so need to make sure when it happens it's at the right time! Good luck to you all this cycle and lots of baby dust to all of us! X

I am now on day six and have been bleeding like an average menses for 3 days now (but only spotting the first few days) my temperature went down today and I am not feeling extremely emtional. I feel the same now as after the two births of my children perhaps because the hormones are coming down now. Has anyone also felt like this? I hope the bleeding will stop soon because I am getting very very fed up wth it.

helen my hormones have been up and down like a yoyo but u have the added emotion of loss to contend with aswel as the normal hormone imbalance its been driving me crazy as i never realy get pmt and im always happy usualy but holy cow this past 5 weeks i have been like a crazy woman up and down its not gd i want my body bk to usual x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back