Trying to set a routine for a 2week old.

xCarly said:
My Midwife Said Not To Give More Than 6 Feeds In 24 Hours Too. I Dont Listen To That Though & Its Nice To See Others Opinions. I Might Now Start Giving Lovella and Extra Feed Before 3am.

All you've got to remember is that if lovella is hungry she will feed if not she will refuse the boob/bottle .

I personally dont agree with what your MW said about the 6 feeds in 24hrs

Only you know your baby no one else and like i said above if shes hungry she will take the feed if not she will refuse it .

I couldnt sit there with my baby crying knowing that she could be hungry and no MW should expect you to do it.

With Maddison i feed on demand whilst she was a newborn and as she got older she went longer for feeds every 4 hrs .

If she woke crying i would change her nappy in a dim lit room to make sure it wasnt the nappy and then offer her a couple of oz's of milk .

carly is lovella drinking all of her feed ?

If so have you thought about increasing her feed ? to an oz more .

You could also try giving her abit more milk on her feed before 3am because it might just keep her going abit longer so she isnt as keen to wake up .

something like this say lovella is taking 4 oz at each feed

7am 4oz
10am 4oz
1pm 4oz
4pm 4oz
7pm 4oz
10pm 5oz
1am 5oz

then there after 4oz until her last 2 feeds at night e.g 10pm and 1am

if you know what i mean im cr*p at explaining stuff but hope it helps hun
:rotfl: :hug:

She Has..

12pm 4oz
3pm 4oz
6pm 4oz
9pm 4oz
12am 4oz
3am 4oz (This Is Where She Struggles To Last Until)
Then Sleeps For 4 -4 1/2 Hours .. 4oz
Then Sleeps For 4 -4 1/2 Hours .. 4oz

Then Its Back On Track To Every 3 Hours But Shes Never Crying With Hunger Apart From That One Feed Which Is Odd! If I Try Giving Her 5oz She Cant Manage It, Only 4oz .. and Im Too Scared To Give Her More Formula Incase She Gets an Upset Tummy.

I Think I'll Start Giving Her Feed's On Demand For The Early Hours Because Its The Only Time She Cries So She Obviously Wants The Milk Bless. I Agree That My Midwife Is Wrong & Your Right, I Know Best For My Baby & Should Do What I Feel Is Right. Iv Only "Refused" The Early Feed Before 3am Once and That Was Last night. It Was Horrible Soothing Her Knowing She Wanted a Feed :( Every Other Night I Fed Her When She Wanted It But Now Im Deffinately Going To Go Back To Plan A & Feed Her On Demand For The Early Hours :)

and She Drinks All The Feed Yes :) The Thing Is, She Was 9lbs 3oz When She Was Born So I Think Thats a Big Part Of Why Shes Got Into a Good Routine Herself & Doesnt Want Milk Earlier Than Every 3 Hours.

thats really good carly, ryan was 10lb 7 1/2 and the longest he would go when he was born was 1 1/2 hours. i was breastfeeding on demand and he didnt sleep at all during the night so you can imagine how tiring it was!

And Nie...i really hope things start to improve for you, i know how tiring and frustrating it is xx

You are not wrong there.

It's difficult to feel that you are doing the right thing for your baby. I sometimes feel very selfish for wanting Adam in a routine and other times I don't. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back