Trying to help my friend, any ideas??

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hey Girls!

Hope you're all well, :)

I was with a friend tonight who's having a tough time TTC, it's been over a year for her.

Her story is she only has one tube and ovary, her body adjusted pretty well when it was first removed and she has regular 33/34 day cycles.

She's had CD 21s and had a really good result, and she gets smiley faces each month.

This month however she got a smiley on cd 16 and then AF has gone AWOL, she's on cd 62 now with negative hpts, this hasn't happened before but when I asked her when she usually gets her smiley/pos opk she said cd 16 and I asked when AF came it's nearley 17/18 days after her positive opk.....

So a 17/18 day luteal phase, anyone know what this could mean, is it a bad thing??

Anyone ever get a positive opk and then AF has one AWOL?

Thanks,

Xx

Hiya Maybe, sorry about your friends having a hard time with ttc.

Don't forget that a smiley face doesn't guarantee ovulation, it just means that the body has attempted ovulation.

So, I assume that she possibly had a follicle that refused to release the egg when her surge happened. No corpus luteum was formed so no protesterone so no period.

Hopefully her cycle just reset itself and she just had a bloodless "period" and she is now on a separate cycle and should be due her period within the next week, assuming she managed to ovulate this cycle.

I the meantime what I would suggest for her is ensuring she is getting enough iron, has a healthy BMI (not too thin, not too fat) and focuses on a low GI diet - stay away from sugars and simple carbs.

I hope it was just a blip xx

Cheers for that Lou, I'd kind of guessed that's what's happened, it's the long luteal phase that makes me wonder, also her CD 21's have been good....

xx

Was it a good 21 blood for this cycle though?

I wouldn't get into the whole luteal phase thing yet. I'm sure her doctors are aware of it if she has already had cd 21 bloods done and a long luteal phase shouldn't stop her getting a BFP xx

Hi Lou, no not for this cycle, hopefully it's just a one off this month, I've suggested she does a couple more day 21s to give a better picture.

Xx

I wouldn't bother with the leutal phase. A smiley face can still mean u don't ov for another 48 hours so could be a LP of about 15/16 days. Are all her tests uptodate ie HSG, AMH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back