21 day tests

Looby82

Reaction score
Hi Girls.

I have been ttc for 9 months, cycle is crazy from 26 to 40 days. Last month I had a 21 day test but it came back negative, as that cycle ended up being 40 days I am not surprised!

The Dr said she will test every other day for 2 weeks to try and catch the ovulation.

So, I went in Monday CD19 and it was positive for ovulation! (35 I think) She said that must mean I ovulated at least a week ago..( CD12)

However on CD15 I got a positive opk (smiley face) Now I am so confused, is the "21 day" only valid 7 dpo or is it possible I O'd on day 16 (Friday) and it was enough Progesterone to be positive test by the Monday (cd19) 3dpo?

Any help would be appreciated!

L xx

THe Dr was quite adament that I had Ovulated the week before the tests on CD12, but the OPK has totally thrown me, I don't really trust her as although she has an interest in Fertility she wouldn't know as much as a Gynaecologist or some of your experiences!

I know that Progesterone peaks at 7dpo but I wondered if at 3dpo it would be high enough to confirm ovulation?

L

Hi Looby,

Welcome to PF. :)

If you got a smiley face on your OPK on CD 15 (so you got the LH surge) then you would have ovulated within the next 2 days after that so CD 16 & 17 which shows why on CD 19 your blood tests came up as 35 indiacting you had ovulated.

The OPK is the best indicator of ovulation that is about to occur. I would go by the smiley face. The good news is that you are ovulating even if your periods are not regular.

An ultra scan will also indicate if you have ovulated. You GP seems good ie testing you every other day so perhaps suggest a scan to her. Having said that it has only been 9 months and most GP will only refer you after a year so be too concerned if she says to carry on TTC for another 3 months.

Good luck

Love Gizzy xxx

That should say 'don't be too concerned' i need to sort out my typing!

Giz xxx

Thanks Gizzy!

That was what my gut was telling me that I should take the OPK as a good guide as well as the Progesterone tests, even if it was only 3dpo!

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2006 as well so that is why they are seeing me at 9 months, the Dr has been great, so helpful! She said if I am not PG this month she will refer me to the Gynaecologist for more tests next month.

Hubby going tonight to see about his swimmers, hoping that all is ok there, then it is one less thing to worry about!

L x

Last edited:
Sounds as though you have the ball rolling and it is great she is being helpful. It is good to know hubby is doing what he can as well.

There are loads of girls on here with PCOS who can help you and advise.

Good luck

Gizzy xxx

hi, at 3dpo i had a 21day test done and got 25.6 it wasnt 7dpo as requried for the test but the doc said at that level it would have kept rising so would have been over the benchmark of 30 for an ovulatory cycle.

Thank you! I think I will go with the opk which makes me 7 dpo, thought I had got lucky when the Dr told me I ovulated early and managed to skip a few days of my tww!

Did you have any more tests done or was the Dr happy enough with that?
x

My doctor is calling me with my results at 4pm today. I went in at 21 days, but i was only 4-5 DPO. So be interesting to see what results i get.

Not that it matters now anyway, got my BFP and cant wait to tell the doc that! haha

I also have pcos and i have endometreosis also.. My cycles were always 35-70 days long and they told me more than likely i wasnt ovulating at all.

They sent me for a day 21 test what came back only 4 what showed i haddnt ovulated and they told me i was being refered to the infertility clinic to discuss my options.

Well it turned out that month i actually concieved.. they told me my cycles were far too long to ovulate on and that i would need treatment well i diddnt x

So just wanted to give you all a bit of support and tell you sometimes the advice they give you is just a guess its not 100% posotive so dont give up if it says you havent ovulated

xx kylie xx

well Doc said all of my levels were fine, apart from my LH levels which were elevated. I think i ovulated on CD16/17.
Told the doc that i was pregnant, and she said that might explain the raised LH levels? not sure about that, surely the LH would have died off by 21 days as I only positive OPKs for 2 days, and that was on days 16 and 17

Wow congrats Lynds and Kylie!

How many dpo were you when you got your bfp?

Thanks for your replies. I'm thinking I'm now 8dpo desperate to test but going to try and wait until 12 dpo!

Xx

i was 11DPO when i got my BFP with FRER and clearblue digi. x (still getting negatives with IC's!)

Looby, I'm 8dpo too I think! How are you feeling? Any symptoms?

Hi Mrspc. I've been getting mild cramping and sore nipples. Also really tired! Trying not to symptom spot too much but it's hard!!

How about you? When are you testing? Xx

Loads of sensations in uterus and 'down there' ever since ov really - all a bit like AF though. Had crazy dreams every night but that happens a lot! Tender bbs rather than sore. Very moody - had actual tears in my eyes yesterday because asda didn't have any all white bunches of flowers and majorly kicked off at one of my classes today,

All in all could all be explained as pre-menstrual. :(

Only different thing is I had a bit of (tmi) light brown discharge today which is weird.

xxx

Turned into AF. Gutted and freaked out because it's early and that hasn't happened to me before xxxx:cry:

Sorry hon :( another month to get trying though!

I've got a sore back but feel af is on her way as well.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back