My false positive OPK

LouiseB

Reaction score
Hiya :)

I've been using OPKs this cycle and had a bit of a frustrating experience so i thought i'd just share in case anyone else is a bit unsure about their OPKs.

I don't have a photo because i had a tantrum and chucked them out but i think anyone would have called it positive.

Anyway i normally get a positive OPK at about cd 15/16 and have been testing since about cd8.

I still hadn't had anything by cd 16 except for faint lines that showed up after the test time frame.

Then on cd 17/18 the lines became darker. Still after the test time but drying to about half the strength of the control line. Then the lines when fant again. I figured it must have been OV.

Well, i'm on cd 26 now and i was getting ewcm and to be honest i was letting myself think it was a pregnancy symptom so i figured i do an OPK to check and within a minute i got a line as dark as the previous ones.

Now i'm getting OV type pangs.

The lesson to be learned is to look for lines within a couple of minutes and take a photo if you want to record because dried out tests are worthless :shakehead:

Good post to read Louise. Im still religiously poas on opks in the hope I do actually ovulate and I have had the same experience. Ive had lines at various points since May but none as dark as the test line within the 5 min time. Quite a lot dry darker down one side of the fainter line and initially I thought they must have been positive. They weren't!

Ive taken to any time I get the stronger dry line I check with a smiley face digi to double check. Luckily its much cheaper to do that just for a check but it has confirmed what you just said. That if its not as dark as the control line in the 5 mins its not positive!

opks frustrate me too, i found that with the superdrug ones that if i dunked them too long i got a false posotive. i go by temps and cm to pin point ovulation..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back