• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying not to test - HELP!!

shadows

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been lurking for a while now but thought I'd say Hi and beg for some support!!

AF is now one whole week late. I'm normally anywhere from 28-34 so I am trying not to get my hopes up. It's our first month ttc so deep down I know it'd be a real miracle.

I really want to test - but I also really want to wait until I'm at least 2 weeks late.:wall2:

Help!

wow u have great self control i would have cracked days ago lol gd luck hope its ur month xxx

Hiya,. I know you want us to stop you testing but I say :test: miracles do happen.

LOL thanks both of you!! I should have known I'd that sort of response with all the POAS addicts there are on here.:lol:

It's just that if I don't test - there's a chance. If I test and it's neg - there's no chance. Right now I'm dreaming of baby names, if I get a bfn I won't have this feeling for another month.:nopoas:

Isn't there anyone out there who's with me!?

So you don't know your dpo? well if you test it could be too early so dare I say it WAIT..........

Last edited:
Thankyou Baby Fever. You're right I don't know my exact dpo so it could be too early. Reading everyone's posts makes me realise I need to take much more notice of my body and what's happening in it!!

It took so much will power not to test this morning but I fought it and won.

Maybe tomorrow........

Anyway it seems like there are some lovely people on here so I'm glad I have joined x x x

Last edited:
It's just that if I don't test - there's a chance. If I test and it's neg - there's no chance.

Isn't there anyone out there who's with me!?

Totally understand, I says this last month and my OH thought I was crackers!

I am totally with you i neva test i just wait for af to arrive, and for the last 10 months she has lol, fx she wont this time and i might get to test at sum point. I love to think right now(im 12dpo)i could be, if i test and see bfn i know im not and i hate that!!

Fx for you hun. My best friend and sil both fell pg first month.

Michelle. x

Hi shadows, I understand not testing means you still have hope. Been there many times myself. So well done for resisting! I would test if I was a week late but if you don't actually know how many dpo you are then maybe wait it out a bit more. It is a good idea to take a note of your cycles every month, day 1 being the first day of your period (full flow).

Good luck & welcome to the forum! xxx

Thank you so much for your replies.

I have to admit I cracked this morning and got a BFN:sad:

I feel so sad. I know there are people here who have been trying for ages so I probably have no right to moan after only 1 month. I guess everyone thinks they may be in that small 'it only takes once' minority.

Going out tonight so hopefully that will take my mind off it and I can have a couple of drinks knowing I'm not doing a little bean any harm.

Don't b sorry for feeling sad babes. I think when TTC it's hard first month or 26th month in different ways. Hang in there I'm sure it will happen for us all when times right x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back