Treating PMDD while TTC?

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
I have severe PMT which is refered to as Pre-menstrual Dysphoric Disorder.

Im sick of it, I ovulated yesterday (well going by CM and sharp stabbing pain I usually get) and already today my boobs are killing, my head hurts and I feel like killing someone (well not literally but you know what I mean lol) and I bet you any money you like in the next week or 2 im going to visciously over-react to something and threaten to leave my OH. Ive been grinding my teeth for the last hour and only just realised. I get paranoia, and this huge ball of rage inside me set to explode at the slightets thing.

Its like this every month, as soon as I ovulate it starts and then will get worse and worse as my AF draws nearer. Ive tried primrose oil, starflower oil, ive tried it all, even going on the pill before TTC made it worse as I just cant take anything hormonal without turning into a wild woman!

Does anyone know of any other treatments that are safe if I was to get pregnant and wouldnt interfere with my cycles?

sorry hun i dont !

but remnd me not to pee u off in the next 2 weeks :rotfl:

It's such a tricky one! I used to cure mine with a bottle of vino and a good girly movie, can't really suggest that I guess.

Have you tried sex?

Bloody hell Jax, I thought I was bad but mine only lasts a few days. Starts about 3/4 days before AF then goes when AF gets here.

:hug: :hug:

glitzyglamgirl said:
I have severe PMT which is refered to as Pre-menstrual Dysphoric Disorder.

Im sick of it, I ovulated yesterday (well going by CM and sharp stabbing pain I usually get) and already today my boobs are killing, my head hurts and I feel like killing someone (well not literally but you know what I mean lol) and I bet you any money you like in the next week or 2 im going to visciously over-react to something and threaten to leave my OH. Ive been grinding my teeth for the last hour and only just realised. I get paranoia, and this huge ball of rage inside me set to explode at the slightets thing.

Its like this every month, as soon as I ovulate it starts and then will get worse and worse as my AF draws nearer. Ive tried primrose oil, starflower oil, ive tried it all, even going on the pill before TTC made it worse as I just cant take anything hormonal without turning into a wild woman!

Does anyone know of any other treatments that are safe if I was to get pregnant and wouldnt interfere with my cycles?

haha! If my husband read this he'd say you just described me on a normal day! :D

As for cures, i've honestly got no idea! Except maybe get a punching bag??? :) Might help, or if you're part of a gym, have a workout to try and get rid of a few frustrations! I usually just use my husband as a punching bag! :rotfl: Bless him! I don't really! Just when he REALLY pees me off! :)

Agnus Castus?

Im alot like u jax but lucky for my OH its only for a few days :lol: otherwise i think he'd pack his bags til i calm down lol

I'm like this too - for about 10 days before. And I know in my head what is causing it. Half of the time I think why are you saying this..you don't even mean it- but it's like pressure inside me that I need to get out.

I can't help with the bbs etc- but for me, just repeating over and over in my head that I don't want to say that, and trying to pause before I speak does help a little. Also my DH and DS accept that I'm v short tempered at that time and just ignore me.

My Mum had it as bad as you GGG - she ended up having a breakdown from it - from the guilt of doing what she did whilst she had it. Once she acknowledged what it was and we all understood things got better. When she had her hysterectomy and went on HRT she said it was like a new world. Unfortunately one sister inherited her hormonal imbalance to the same degree and suffers both this and postnatal psychosis.

glitzy, do you see a consultant for your PMDD? I have bipolar disorder and the consultant knew we were trying for a baby, so he changed my tablets to the ones that would be best for both a baby and managing my condition.

Not all meds have an increased risk to the baby.

I don't think I could manage with nothing- not with my history, and not with the stress of pregnancy or trying etc.

If you can manage, good for you, but it's worth taking a prescription if it keeps you and your OH together or keeps you well.

Also you might want to chat to a doctor because if you have PMDD, I don't know a lot about it but you may be at higher risk of post-natal depression like I am with bipolar, and they need a plan for how to keep you well.

Have a chat to a doctor you find sympathetic:) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back