Drinking while ttc?

LauraKC

Reaction score
Hello ttc friends. Just started ttc this month and am due on next week. Am really hoping its worked this month as I think we did everything right, but know its not as eeasy as it sounds. Anyway, ive been really good and have cut down on alcohol a lot since ttc............. anyway last weekend we were at a party and i had 3 glasses of red wine. the next day I read in my fertility book that drinking alchol during conception can prevent the baby attaching itself to the womb properly. Has anyone else heard of this? I felt really awful when I read this as if I had known I would have definitely stuck to the cokes. When I find out I am pregnant I will definitely stop drinking completely but even my doctor said to me not to change lifestyle completely as it might take a long time to fall pregnant. Whats other tcc thoughts on this? Many thanks. Laura x

hi hun, i think you will be fine. I think that TTC is the most stressful time ever for a women & i say try and live a normal live - as much as you can - but just drink lightly.

i didn't even know i was preg & i got hammered, locked myself in the bathroom was sick everywhere & had a huge hang-over!

Like i said i didn't know at the time!!! & i have my little girl - she is abit mad lol but i fink that she just takes after me!

Fingerscrossed for you hun x

We were on hol when we were ttc-drank copious amounts of red wine every night and smoked fags (dont normally smoke only when I am drinking!!), we actually concieved on holiday after 18 months of tying so I am putting it down to the magic red wine!!! LOL.

Seriously, I dont think it will do you any harm, you need to carry on as normal, its a very stressful time TTCing and my only relaxation was red wine...

The day of my BFP I was at a christening and had drunk a pint of Guinness and 2 voddies so felt terribly guilty for weeks after-havent touched a drop since

Good luck hunny, keep us posted

xxxx

I was a uni student when I found out that I was having my twins(unplanned pg)

By the time I realised that I was pregnant, they had endured 6 weeks of heavy student union drinking...I obviously stopped when I got a BFP!

8 years later we still have no side effects of that although I was mortified at the time.

I think you should be ok.

take care and good luck x

Hi

Before i got my positive i drank pretty much every day and most of the days was drunk so not to worry i now have a beautiful healthy baby girl.
Katrinaxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back