Travelling tips

monaloco

Reaction score
I'm due to fly out to america at the end of this month with hassan, not sure how i will cope for an 8 hour flight as my hubby is not coming with us - so please if you have any tips or ideas about coping then please let me know!! I'm panicking already!!!!

Thanx ;)

I was crapping myself when i flew home with Thea but it was fine hun. She was only 6 weeks old at the time though so she slept most the way. She was wide awake on the way home though but she just sat on my knee smiling at everything.

Feed as much as you can! A well fed baby is a happy and sleepy baby and that makes things wayyyyyyyy easier.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, i had people putting my bags in the over head lockers, i buzzed for a flight attendant to hold Thea while i went to the loo, asked someone to help me put my coat on lol. People will see you alone with a little one and be happy to help hun.

be prepared for the extra security in the airports. Its not like that in Budapest so i wasn't ready for how bad it would be in England. Wear shoes that slip off ( i had to take mine off to be checked) and be prepared for them to request to check your babies nappy.

Put baby in easy to change, comfy clothing and take some small toys to entertain with!

I recently did 2 10 hour flights with Brody. Here's some tips.

Have you paid for a seat for Hassan? Brody had his own seat and we took his big carseat, it was a godsend.

Make sure he's ready for a feed during take-off and landing, to help equalize his ears. As an emergency I took a small pack of chocolate buttons to make sure he would swallow something when his ears were popping.
As I boarded the plane I gave the attendant my milk to warm up, so it was ready in time for take off.

You should be allowed to board first and go through the "fast track" at passport control when you get off.

Will have a think if there is anything else, ask me any questions you might have!

xx

didnt know that about the coarding first and passport fast track urchin!

we are going to Austria a week tomorrow so all this is good to know! thank god its only a 1½ hr flight! however we need to be at the airport by 4am!!!!!!

going to have plenty of rasins with me - always handy for distracting alex!

Urchin how may bottles of milk did you take - is there a limit to how much you are allowed to take? alex is on beakers now so they oly hold 7ozs max so i need to take two :? maybe i can take one beaker and a bottle i can top up from :think:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I took a beaker full of juice and 3 bottles and 3 cartons of formula.

I expected them to take the cartons off me (and I bet they would for a flight to the USA) but they didn't search my bag so I just used them.

I also took the powder divider thing with formula in but didn't need to use it.

thanx for the tips, well no hassan will be on my lap but i will request a cot although he maybe to heavy for it! i'm just worried about them not allowing me to take milk cartons! the thing is he's at his most active stage at the moment so god help who ever ends up sitting next to me!!!

I would ask the airline now about a cot, I would have got one for Brody but they told me he would be too old. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back