Does this sound selfish?

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Think I'm just being silly to be honest but feel like I need a bit of reassurance :( we came back home for a visit last Thursday and we're meant to going back tomorrow. It's a 2.5 hour ferry journey and 5.5 hour car journey (ends up being about 7.5 hours inc stops to feed Angel/take a break etc). The car journey was horrible coming here and Angel hated it so my OH kindly offered to pay for a flight back for us and he take the ferry as normal. Plus I don't usually get on with my family but I'm really enjoying my visit at the moment and usually I feel ready to go back towards the end of a visit but at the moment I feel I'm not ready to leave just yet. And my best friend has just had a baby girl :) All the flights were really expensive the cheapest one was for this Wednesday for me and Angel to fly so he's booked that for us. However OH has to back as normal tomorrow :( I feel terrible as he's not gonna see us for 6 days. He said he's gonna miss us but wants me to stay as he doesn't want me and Angel doing that long journey again. Dunno I just feed really bad about it :(:( xx

Just enjoy your time and think of the money you will be saving

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Aw hun I wouldn't feel bad! It will be better for you and baba, and nice for you to have a pleasant visit with family and friends! Enjoy your lil holidays :) Xx

aww dont feel guilty it was sweet of him to do that, just enjoy your time with family

how was lo on ferry? weregoin home for visit in june nim worried about changing her on the ferryif its rocky , and sea sikness

Aww no enjoy it, and you'll be glad you did that rather than back and to in cars and ferries, its a long journey. Hope shes ok on the plane back I always wonder what babies are like with flying (not that they know) x

Thanks girls :) Hugsy Angel was fine, this ferry was quite quick and was so smooth. The one we took over Xmas (8 hours) was extremely rough and rocky and she was an absolute gem, didn't cry once bless her. I hope she's ok on the plane too hun, it's only 45 mins so I'm hoping she'll be fine. The ferry journey we took that rough really scared me and OH but she was smiling and sleeping most of the time so hopefully a plane will be no bother. In fact I'm terrified of flying so I'm hoping that entertaining Angel will take my mind off my own fear haha x

She might like it and might even sleep, the motion and the general hum of the plane should soothe her :) I always wonder if their ears pop or anything you know when landing or taking off? X

Thanks girls :) Hugsy Angel was fine, this ferry was quite quick and was so smooth. The one we took over Xmas (8 hours) was extremely rough and rocky and she was an absolute gem, didn't cry once bless her. I hope she's ok on the plane too hun, it's only 45 mins so I'm hoping she'll be fine. The ferry journey we took that rough really scared me and OH but she was smiling and sleeping most of the time so hopefully a plane will be no bother. In fact I'm terrified of flying so I'm hoping that entertaining Angel will take my mind off my own fear haha x

Brill not going for 6 weeks but very nervous of it, i love boats but was very nervous about her, fast boat will be on for summer so only 2.5 hours too, we have to do a 8 hour at Christmas time too its a killer couldn't imaging doing that with a baby

im scared of flying too but im sure you will forget your even on one with her to keep you distracted

enjoy your week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back