Au reviour.......

ASD123456

Reaction score
........well girls as of tomorrow I will be in America for a week visiting OH. I can't wait, we haven't seen eachother since Christmas/ New Years so it'll be really special.

Has anyone been on a long haul flight during their pregnancys? I've been to the GP for a check up to make sure I'm fit to fly and have been given advice from her but any tips would be much appreciated as it'll be a 8 hour flight.

Alex xxx

No advice but i hope you have a good time - bye bye x x x

im sure gp's advice is gonna be the most accurate, i'd be most concerned about comfort but as long as you cna move abotu if necessary you should be fine.
have fun

haven't done when pregnant, but have done long haul a few times.

I suggest Chapstick or somethng else for your lips, you wont believe how dry they can get.

if you are allowed, water cos they never give you enough to drink and snacks

take a book, puzzels and music cos you soon get bored with one and the moves they play as well.

Neck pillow and face mask if you want to sleep (especailly important trying to stay comfortable when pregnant i think).

anything that will soothe your skin or eyes. I have a gel face mask and it is so cool. your own face cloth so you can wash you face (if you are brave enough to go to the toilet, beware cubicles with two people in them, always happens to me)

Don't wear jeans, something breathable like cotton is best.

if you do have stop over (and it sounds liek you wont) a change of knickers and socks to help freshen up.

thats my tips from someone who is from new Zealand and lives in the UK.

Sandi

I dont have any advice but just wanted to say have a great time!! :D
Wish I was off somewhere too, I really need a holiday! :lol:

Have a great trip and def get some flight socks - the ones that go up to the thigh are best and keep you warm when they wack up the air con too! xx

Have a great time with OH, look after yourself and bubs.

thanks a lot girls.

I hope you all have brilliant Easters and I'll be seeing you all next week.

Alex xxx

I am flying long haul myself soon. The advice I have been given is as there is a slight increase in the risk of DVT you should wear flight socks and make sure you walk around and stretch your legs more than you usually would. My midwife also suggested that I take 1/2 an asprin before the flight (might want to check this out for yourself). You also need to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. I hope you have a great time.

Best get an aisle seat too, you should take a little walk about and you'll need the loo more often than anyone else!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back