General baby tips and help

Hunnie

Reaction score
3 weeks to go until LO arrives and I'm panicking that I don't have a clue what to do! Haven't been able to attend any of my local ante natal classes as they are held at an inconvenient time for me so I'm pretty clueless :(

Just generally looking for helpful tips and advice when it comes to settling baby, how to cope with the night shifts and other useful things so I can refer back to this thread when I'm at my wits end lol :)

Thank you xxx :)

A big tip would be to try and stay calm when you feel stressed. Me and OH always have been and we have a very happy, calm baby and I'm sure it's because we are both so laid-back ourselves. The first few weeks can be a bit of a mad blur as you try and establish a routine etc. With night shifts, just make sure you try to nap during the day when baby is napping, and let your partner take over more at weekends.
At first it will seem daunting but it DOES all start to come to you naturally and you'll be a pro in no time. And the biggest thing - ENJOY it. Cherish it. Absolutely love every moment because the newborn days are gone in a flash. They grow far, far too quickly! xx

yeah same as lulu really.
It all comes natural and i stay calm and have a really happy smiley baby, she only cries for food or with wind bless her. I love the night shifts, im a single mom and think the cuddles on the night and during are like no other and love them. A tip i would try is make as little fuss as possible when they wake in night, try not to interact etc as the baby will become alert, in the first few weeks chloe was playiny and kicking on the bed at 4am lol, when she wakes now in night i just give her her feed, wind if neccessary change her nappy really carefully and rock her back to sleep. First few weeks are all over the place but you will try to do a routine as the weeks progress xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back