Too much sleep?

Tan

Reaction score
I know this has been posted on here before but I can't find it but does anyone know if too much sleep for a LO could indicate a problem or anything?

Isabelle is 4 1/2 months now and this is her routine:

Bed at 6.30pm and sleeps through until 9.30-10am

Awake for about 2 hours then sleeps for about 3 hours

Then back to bed again at 6.30pm

I know people will say I should make the most of it etc but this just seems like way too much sleep and I hardly see her!

She's really happy and contented when she is awake though and there's not an obvious problem. Any ideas?

She's also only having 3, 8oz bottles a day now cause of the constant sleeping!

Tan x

think it might of been my post your were refering too??
i had this with Dior when she was 1.
she was sleeping 14 hours at night and 5 hour naps in the day

i called the HV as i was very worried as she was loosing weight to as she was missing dinners etc.

she said that the worrying sign is diabetes. as Dior was tired alot but also thirsty and weeing alot.

but it turned out that i was offering her her cot all the time and like us adults the more sleep we have the more tired we get as we get used to it. she then recomended that i wake her after 2 hours of napping. and try and get her out for some fresh air.

Harley is closer to Isabelle's age

he goes to bed at 7pm wakes at 8/9am

naps at 12pm for 2 hours and about 4pm he will get abit tired and have a 30 min / 1 hour nap

i dont think it sounds to much that Isabelle is having she is still only young
but ild maybe call nhs direct they are fab thats who i spoke to about Diors sleep

Thanks Dionne

I'm taking her to the docs in a bit anyway cause she's got an awful cough and keeps vomiting all the time (big proper projectile type!!!) So i'll ask while i'm there.

I just miss her during the day with all that sleep!!!

Tan x

Well I took Isabelle to the docs and she has got an infection on her chest etc and she's got antibiotics and also an inhaler to help her with braething as she's struggling a little bit.

So at least I know whats wrong but I also feel a bit bad that I hadn't picked up on it sooner :(

Tan x

Dont be sad hun :hug:

But i do know how u feel cos when they took Alastair into hospital he needed to be put in a oxygen tent cos he was really stuggling to breath :cry:

why didnt i notice that earlier :(

at least u know whats wrong and she is on medication now :hug:

Thanks Sophie :hug:

I think I just thought she had a cold cause we all have and she was happy etc when awake so just didn't consider it to be a problem. It was only cause she kept projectile vomiting most of her feeds and then her 2 o'clock one really distressed her and I panicked a bit. Good job I did though!

Tan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back