too much sleep?

isobel84

Reaction score
Noa will be 8month next week.
Demba gives him a bottle at 6.20am n then he goes back to sleep until 8.30-9.15
His next nap will be 10 ish or if we are out he can manage until 12, he then naps for about 1.5hours roughly. Depending on what time he napped he wants another nap between 2-4pm. He sleeps an hour or just over. He's shattered at 7pm, gets his last bottle n sleeps by 7.30 most nights.

My mum was shocked how much he sleeps (he sleeps trough)
He's very alert n active when awake, but can he sleep too much?

That's about 16 hours, just googled a 6-9 months baby needs 14 ish hours

I don't believe in 'too much sleep' I think if they want to sleep that much then they obviously need it. It's important for them to do it, it's when they learn and do all they're growing. Apparently sleep breeds sleep, so the more they sleep in the day the better they sleep at night! Don't know how that one works lol

Sounds like he's a contented baby anyways Hun!

I'd say as long as he is happy when he is awake than that's fine hun, fantastic even! ;) xx

My little girl was just the same. It's fab isn't it :) (Oscar is NOT the same lol)

Im sure is fine Hun just needs more sleep than a average baby just like some adults do! Tegan sleeps for 7.30 til 7am then naps for 30 mins at 10 then naps for 1.5hours in the afternoon But she's tired in the evening and ould do with Another nap But won't give in x

If he's sleeping through then let him carry on!! Your luckily, we get 3 half hour naps and that's it! Charley gets about 13-14 hours a day x x

I agree, if he is sleeping through an is happy, then I'd leave it how it is, he must be getting what he needs x

Monty was just like this as a baby and at 6 years now he still is he loves his sleep on a wknd he wakes a about 11am and all he can think about is getting a lie in lol
He is not like me I'm up with the birds but I wouldnt worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back