How much sleep?

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Just wondered how long everyones babies sleep for during the day?
Antonio is 9 weeks now and still sleeps for a good 5 hours during the day, I have tried alsorts to keep him awake, putting him on play gym, playing with toys palying with anything that gets his attention e.t.c but when hes tired he just goes into a deep sleep and nothing gets him to open his eyes again lol Problem is...from 8pm onwards he thinks its playtime!

T xx

Baby smile is nearly 14 weeks (where has the time gone!)

Since the clocks changed he has been waking at 0600 again (we have no blackout curtains - in fact we have no curtain pole but that is another story :wall: )so his day is like this.

0600 - wake 10min feed, change back to bed
0730 - wake again, play
0800 - feed 25min - play, change
0900 - back into cot for nap
1130 - wakes (give or take half an hour) usually quite grumpy - plays
1200 - feed 25min, nap on my shoulder 30min
1300 - out - sleeps on and off in car seat or buggy
1500- back, plays, 30min sleep on my shoulder or in sling
1600 - feed 30min, 30min sleep on my shoulder
1700 - plays, in sling while I make dinner
1800 - sits down with me and plays/dozes if grumpy
1845 - bath, feed and into cot
1930 - sleep
2230 - dreamfeed.

so you see he sleeps quite a lot and he is older than your little one - if he doesn't get regular sleeps he is REALLY grumpy - I have found that he can only really stay up for a maximum of 2 hours without at least a power nap ! :hug:

ps. I'm 'T' too and my nickname at school was tig! :shock: :wave:

smile said:
Baby smile is nearly 14 weeks (where has the time gone!)

Since the clocks changed he has been waking at 0600 again (we have no blackout curtains - in fact we have no curtain pole but that is another story :wall: )so his day is like this.

0600 - wake 10min feed, change back to bed
0730 - wake again, play
0800 - feed 25min - play, change
0900 - back into cot for nap
1130 - wakes (give or take half an hour) usually quite grumpy - plays
1200 - feed 25min, nap on my shoulder 30min
1300 - out - sleeps on and off in car seat or buggy
1500- back, plays, 30min sleep on my shoulder or in sling
1600 - feed 30min, 30min sleep on my shoulder
1700 - plays, in sling while I make dinner
1800 - sits down with me and plays/dozes if grumpy
1845 - bath, feed and into cot
1930 - sleep
2230 - dreamfeed.

so you see he sleeps quite a lot and he is older than your little one - if he doesn't get regular sleeps he is REALLY grumpy - I have found that he can only really stay up for a maximum of 2 hours without at least a power nap ! :hug:

ps. I'm 'T' too and my nickname at school was tig! :shock: :wave:

Hi Tig,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I shouldnt be so worried, im sure he will start his own little routine. He's still waking up through the night, but I dont mind that. Lots of mums keep telling me that one day he will just sleep through the night, im still waiting for that to happen!!!

Well fancy that...having the same nickname, I was called Tig to start with then it just developed into Tiggy lol My real name is Theresa but I just sign off with "T" :D

baby smile is like LO but ihad to get her in the routine but was not that hard to do. I started the routine at about 9 weeks, good luck

leland can have a 5 hour nap his his been awake for a long time before it ! his still younge hun dont worry !

Jacob is 9 weeks old tomorrow. He's up around six, has a half hour nap around 9, an hour at about 11 and some days he has a good 3 hour sleep in the afternoon then bed between 7 and 8.30pm.

However, if he fights his afternoon sleep he's soooo grumpy and get's past it I think because it takes ages to settle him at night :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back