Too early for SPD?

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
Since last night I've had a pain in the middle of my pubic bone. It feels like i got a big zit there, but I haven't. Surely it's too early for SPD. What if it is, it's gonna get worse :(

I would think it was a bit early, usually begins at the end of the first tri

whats SPD?

sorry am i being abit thick?

Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (Pelvic Pain)

SPD can occur towards the end of the first trimester or after delivery. Many women notice their symptoms for the first time around the middle of their pregnancy. If you experience SPD in one pregnancy, it is more likely that it will reoccur in your next pregnancy. The symptoms may also come on earlier and progress faster, so it is important to seek help as early as possible. It can help if you allow the symptoms from one pregnancy to settle before trying to conceive another child

As says a nice website :D

xx

Thanks for the explanation,

still getting used to all of these pregnancy abbreviations

SPD can start at any time. My sister had it with her 2nd pregnancy and again in her 3rd and in the 3rd it started right at the beginning. She ended up on crutches with the 3rd but I'm sure that's because she had it badly with the 2nd one.

What makes you think you have SPD now? Have you had it before?

ilovejd76 said:
SPD can start at any time. My sister had it with her 2nd pregnancy and again in her 3rd and in the 3rd it started right at the beginning. She ended up on crutches with the 3rd but I'm sure that's because she had it badly with the 2nd one.

What makes you think you have SPD now? Have you had it before?

Not had it before, it's my first pregnancy. Just the pain made me think about it, It's not a bad pain feels like a little bruise.

I hope you don't have it but if you do, they can help you with physio and support bands etc. Best thing to do for now is to keep your legs (hips) well aligned and move carefully. It may well just be stretching xxx

I don't usually move very fast anyway :D . I can keep aligned by laying on my back :D . Thanks for the advice :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back