SPD

frangelle

Reaction score
Spoke to the midwife about pains in my groin/ pubic bone area, she thinks its SPD, but didn't seem very interested! I've been having it about 2 months, but recently its got really bad.

Then last night I was in so much pain I actually cried :shock: which is not like me to cry about stuff like that. I couldn't really move, and my leg was killing right at the top, but just on the one side. It seems to be getting increasingly worse, sometimes the pain dies down abit then comes back worse than ever.

Does this sound like SPD to you or something else? She has given me a physio number but I don't want to go if it's not SPD as it could make it worse. Should I get a second opinion? Is there any way they can tell for sure?

Hey hun....

Sounds exactly like I was with SPD, I was that bad one day I sat in bed crying all day until my hubby had enough and called NHS-24 and I was told to go to the hospital - where they confirmed it was SPD and I was seen by a physio - the physio REALLY did help!! I would defo reccomend it. She showed me simple exercisies plus how to do pelvic floor properly (I'd been doing it SOO wrong :roll: )

Hope you feel better soon xx :hug:

I had it with my last pregnancy so I went to see a chiropracter - he was brilliant.

I found this - "Pain in the pubic area and groin are the most common symptoms. You may also suffer from back pain in pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) or hip pain. It is common to feel a grinding or clicking in your pubic area and the pain may travel down the inside of the thighs or between your legs. The pain is usually made worse by separating your legs, walking, going up or down stairs or moving around in bed. It is often much worse at night and can stop you getting much sleep. Getting up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night can be especially painful. "

Here is the link - http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... tid=233069

I wa diagnosed at 6 months pregnant and really had bad days and days when I was great but tended to overso it instead!!
I took prescribed Co-codamol for the pain but only tried to take them when it was really bad even though it had no effect on Charlie and I was referred to a physio who was a complete waste of space and didnt offer any advice other than to keep my knees together when rolling over in bed and when getting in and out of the car. I know Sami put together a post on exercises...wonder if someone could find it somewhere.
Speak to your GP who may be more sympathetic than the midwife

Thanks for your replies.

Yeah I think I will see my GP tomorrow, because it's not right to be in this sort of pain, I'm normally pretty good with pain!

I'm also going to give physio a go and hope they give me one of those girdles to see if that helps.

My midwife has just told me she thinks I have this today. I have been referred to a physio so I will let you know how it all goes.

Jendon said:
My midwife has just told me she thinks I have this today. I have been referred to a physio so I will let you know how it all goes.

I've been given a number for physio, I'm gonna ring tomorrow as the pain is also now in my pubic bone, like there is an immense pressure pushing down (I presume this is linked to the spd?!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back