To weight watchers or not to weight watchers??

precious_cargo

Reaction score
I have always struggled with my weight n was loosely doing weight watchers but I do want to ttc so should I be still doing this? Just need some advice want to get in the best shape I can but is weight watchers the right way to fo this?? I pay monthly pass would i be better using that to join the gym? Meant to be at my meeting tonight but really confused!!! X

Babydust to all

its fine hun, i do slimfast and have done since Jan

Just dont starve yourself lol! WW is a good plan though so go ahead xxx

I would say it is fine as well.

Although obviously when you get your BFP you should stop.

I lost the will to watch what I ate when I was TTC proper BUT I did still try :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Well i went n it wasnt bad at all!! Lost 1.5lb so glad i went but need to get head in the game now tho!! X

Babydust to all

I do weight watchers(I did it loosely too!) but I am gonna really be "good" and follow the plan. I think once we get our bfp it'll be ok to watch what you eat plus you can carry on the healthy eating into your pregnancy. It's those fad extreme diets that could do more harm than good while ttc.....

and might I add I weighed yesterday(hadn't been in a month!!) and gained 5 lbs! I am upset about it but it was a wake up call! So I am going to follow the plan until my bfp!!

Last edited:
Doing weight watchs while ttc is fine but you won't be able to follow it when pregnant, have you thought about slimming world which you can still follow while pregnant etc ?

Hey hun saw this and thought id share my story. I was pushing 16.5 stone this time last year and i thought that's got to have an effect on TTC so joined weight watchers now lost gone 4 and a half stone and still going :D it's really good as you can still eat what u want but just point everything. Good luck :D

Sarah x

Wow Sarah thats an ace achievement! I lost 3stone before on the old plan x
Not really looked into slimming world but will look n c- why is sw ok in pregnancy and ww not? X

Babydust to all

I'm not sure why really but I'm still doing it and if I get pregnant I'll just eat sensibly. It was such hard work but well worth it :) would like to lose another stone and I'll b happy lol. I tried slimming world lost 1 and a half stone and that was it couldnt lose any more it really didn't work for me but friends have and lost worth a go :)

I've been told to loose 2.2 stone by my gynaecologist before they give me help TTC :(. Which tbf is fair enough just quite frustrating considering my disability i can't do much exercise.

If i was you i'd pay that money to go to the gym. If you have slef control of what you eat and you know whats what then i wouldn't bother unless you want the support of other people.

x

Going to stick with ww for now! So Sarah what hints and tips do you have? Got magazine so I am going to be full on hardcore tracking everything etc!

One word run lol I spent over £200 on a running machine weight just fell off. Obviously you don't have to spend that lol. I'd use the ww forum to the max fir tips and follow the kick start week or fortnight which is really good I lost a stone in first month. magazine is brilliant I found reading the success stories really spurred me on

Do need to get into running tbh! Going to get on it like a car bonnet!!

Slimming world was best for me, i lost over 2 stone in 2 months and plan on going straight back after baby is born!

I started Scottish Slimmers and later that month I got my BFP

I was heavy hitting the gym and generally eating healthy.

As long as you are eating well then it wont be a problem

running is so addictive for me now. i had the running machine for xmas NEVER in a million years thought id ask for that for xmas lol see some people love slimming world others weight watchers its whatever works best for them isnt it :) im off for a run tonight seein as i try and not to in 2ww but the bitch has arrived so sod it wine and run and sunbed sess it is lol

Glad there's lots of us thinking the same! I put on about a stone since last year and it WILL NOT GO AWAY!!!! I go to the gym and have started being really healthy during the week and not going mad at the weekend but allowing myself a wee treat! Was thinking about weight watchers tho. Does anyone do it online? X

I have a treadmill in the house too Sarah. Also a Christmas pressie! Sorry the witch got u hun, enjoy the wine!! X

I go to meetings hun have u got any friends who want to lose weight its goid to have support frm a friend!! Good luck girls in ur weight loss journeys xxx

Babydust to all

I used to go to meetings alone (friend dropped out) for a year then did it online but now as I have all the bumph and knowledge I'm trying it alone for a bit to save money but if I find myself putting on or not losing shall ge my fat arse back lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back