to pill or not to pill - that os the question..

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Good evening ladies,

I am just after a little bit of advice...and just to see what you all think really.

I stopped taking the pill last September after being on it for 18 years. My cycles seemed to have slotted back in quite nicely and I appear to have been ovulating each month and cycles been about 28 days...

If I do not get my bfp this month, then I def do not want a bfp in feb or march cos timing would be a bit dodgy, with me getting married in November. Quite happy to start trying again in April onwards...if i fell in april, i'd be 31 weeks on my wedding day. i can cope with a bump in a frock! ha ha

My question is.....should i go back on the pill this month if i don't get my bfp....just for 3 months. My OH is very against this and would prefer me to stay off it, but i'm terrified of getting pregnant in feb or march! I would say we will get condoms...but so hard when you been with someone to long to go back to these.....if you get what i mean...

what do you all think?

xx

I personally would not go back on the pill, especially if your cycles have just started to settle down. I'd go for condoms to be honest...Not really what you wanted but to me it would be better than the pill, I'd worry about it knocking my cycles out of whack again and then having to let them adjust when you come off it again.

x x

I'd suggest doing it - to avoid 'accidents' when you're in the mood.

also because of the increased fertility thing when you come off - giving you an extra chance

yeah...i always ov around cd 12........so i know to always use condoms from cd7 to about cd14....suppose it's just a week's worth isn't it....xx

for 2 or 3 months im not sure but probably would, but I'm in a simular situation that if I haven't fallen by May or June then we need to stop trying until December 2011/January 2012 and i'll be going back on the pill, don't want to use condoms.

I'd suggest doing it - to avoid 'accidents' when you're in the mood.

also because of the increased fertility thing when you come off - giving you an extra chance

ooo yeah...good point...confused now...lol xx

for 2 or 3 months im not sure but probably would, but I'm in a simular situation that if I haven't fallen by May or June then we need to stop trying until December 2011/January 2012 and i'll be going back on the pill, don't want to use condoms.

yeah, you know where i'm coming from...i hope it happens this month.......it's my last chance for a few months........have a few symptoms, but could all be in my imagination!! xx

Hope you get your BFP and then you won't have to decide! :) x x

yeah exactly....he he....then just dress fitting nightmares...ha ha....

i did see a lovely dress yesterday that would accomodate post baby tummy..he he....i'm just worried about me boobs...lol.....but it'll be right wont it... :D

i have so much organised now...just literally need the blokes suits sorted, bridesmaid dresses and my dress and thats it all sorted :D

i am going to try dresses on on the 26th feb :D x

Like MissJ said you may get your BFP and then you won't need to decide ;)

All this wedding planning is great fun isn't it? good idea looking for dresses to accomadate a baby bump, mine certainly won't :whistle:

erm my advice is dont go back on the pill.what if this time it takes ages to come out ur system or mess's with ur cycles??
i hope you make the right descison for you and ur oh x x

i really dont know what to do....im so confused (typing this while i have a very odd burning sensation in my right boob???!!!!) xx

Johnnies lovey! Not for long and you know they don't mess with fertility ;)
Plus with any excess left over you can entertain yourselves making balloon creatures xxxx

LMAO Sunnygirl you shouldn't give her those ideas!! She will have them as balloons for her wedding next!!

Samsgirl my advice would be easy ... Follow your heart .. Do what you think is the best.. :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with sunnygirl :) x You might mega confuse your body if you go back on the pill just now x I know its rubbish having to use condoms, but it wouldnt be for that long x If you could do it for 3 months or so, then at least you know when it comes to trying again, your body is def settled back down x And you can start trying right away xx

I wouldnt go back on pill if i were you hun, it can really mess your cycles up, on the other hand if you are prepared to wait while your cycles get back to normal again after i would do it.

Not much help i know.
Hopefully you wont have to make that decision :)

I'm in agreement with Zozo & Nurse, really wouldn't go back on the pill as could mess things up even more with your cycles

xxx

I was off the pill last year for 8 months and then went back on it for 4 months, here I am 13 months later and still no sign of a BFP for me,

I wish I could have turned back the clock and not took the pill again - but the doctors said that was the only way to get rid of OV pains.
There's no way of knowing whether it has messed up my body or not.

I know I will not be going back on the pill if I do manage to have a baby - I will be looking at alternatives - Not having sex in my fertile period would be the first thing that I would stop!

I am anti - pill it can really mess up your natural body clock, if its just for a few months I would say use an alternative, maybe avoid sex in your fertile week or get him to wear a love glove x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back