To Mummys who choose not to have epidural

Try and leave an open mind towards the drugs when in labour because what may be ideal for one person may not be for you. Although if you go in mind set on not having something then you probably wont have it, I went in adamant I wouldnt use pethadine and I didnt, I done all my labour on TENS machine and had a lil bit of G&A for crowning but my labour was very fast so it may have been different if longer.
I have to say I really recommend TENS machines, if you put it on as soon as you start to get contractions they work really well but you have to put them on as soon as you start to feel something for them to work well.

I didn't have a birth plan but I did tell the midwives I didn't want any pain relief but obviously if something were to go wrong they could do whatever they needed to.

I just focuses on my breathing to get me through. It was hard work and bloody painfull but I was so proud that I stuck to what I had originally wanted.

Next time round I don't want to have anything again aswell...but guess I'll just have to see how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back