For those who had an epidural!

I had an epidural and I have to say it was the best thing ever! Lying there totally dignified, feeling no pain. When it got to the stage of pushing I still was able to push but couldnt feel the contractions so had to be told when to push. An hour later out popped Isla and it just felt as though I was constipated on the toliet. My legs were a wee bit wobbly for about 12 hours later but I had no need to walk anywhere anyway.

Would def recommend one :clap:

I have had one birth with pethadine, gas and air and an epidural, and one with just a tens machine cos the crappy gas and air canister didn't work. The difference was amazing, Seren took 2 hours to push out as I couldn't feel anyhting, whereas Cally shot out in 12 mins. I was able to concentrate more and my body just took over with my second. And the recovery was loads faster, after the epi I had lots of trouble with going for a wee thanks to being catherterised, and I hated not being able to move.

jeez, you people are so lucky lol, I was in labour for a week with DD, dilating verrrryyy slowly all week.
God, it was so painful, I had to have an epidural, I couldn't handle it on the last day but......... it didnt work as well as I thought it would,
it still hurt like hell, the one thing that did happen though was the day after giving birth I couldn't pee, then all of a sudden I screamed "pass me a bloody bucket im gonna piss myself" :rotfl:

I filled two of the tubs they gave me, theres no way I would have made it to the toilet lol!
x

Hmm I had never heard of the not weeing thing??
Oh gosh lol something else to put me off haha

LOL, was quite uncomfortable, but when it came out was a relief - and boy did it come out!! :shock:

i had problem peeing but think it was more down to fear from the pain of pee on my cut :shock: and ouch!!!! that did hurt, i think that first pee was the most pain out of all the labour

Oooh yeah i remember that first wee!! Thank goodness for them bidet things lol!!

I had an epidural with my first and although it took the pain away i regretted it as my back still isnt right and i didnt like being mobile in labour either.

Gimme gas and air again any day!

i had no pain relief with my 1st and a mobile epidural with my 2nd.

with my 1st she came in 4 hours and coz it was soo painful i wanted it over as quickly as possible and ended up with a third degree tear due to pushing too hard. it took them as long to sew me up as i was in labour!!!
ouch. :shock: :(

with my 2nd i had a mobile epidural which was fantastic!!! i was in labour 3hrs30mins and it flew by.
The epidural only took the contraction pains away. i could still feel the tightenings, the need to constantly pee (sorry tmi), and the urge to push. It didnt numb any part of my body, nor did it make my legs feel heavy/tingly. I felt everything, but was relaxed and let it my body do its thing. This time i didn't tear at all, so i had no fear of going to the toilet afterwards :D
The only downside was that you have to have your blood pressure taken every 5 mins as it apparently makes it drop, but mine went through the roof!!! :think:
It took them 20 mins to do the epidural and 4 attempts to put it in my back (i swear he was using a blow dart from the other side of the room!!!) :rotfl:
The recovery after isn't very pleasent. My back hurt like hell for a week after where he stabbed me, my muscles still go into spasms and it is still bruised. Also where the saline drip goes into your hand, my wrist swelled up with bruising and is a bit weak.
But i suppose you can't have everything. :wall: :wall:

Thanks ladies!
You know, with all of my labours, i never moved once lol so i dont think I will be too worried about not being mobile? LOL
And I had to have 2 different drips when I was in labour with my 1st so Im not too worried about that!
Im not looking forwards to the back pain etc but I think Im going to go for an epi!! :D
Now only to decide whether a mobile on or a full one hehe :lol:
I would like it to work like yours sarahking so I guess I should see into having a mobile one? I dont know, we'll see nearer the time I guess?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back