Epidural v's Mobile Epidural...???

SuziQ

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had a 'mobile' epidural.
I am sorting (trying too..) out my birth plan, and recently went for a tour around my local hospital.. and was interested in a mobile epi, over a normal epi.. IF I should decide to have one.... But this hospital doesn't offer the mobile one.
I was just wondering if the mobile ones are so much better, or if you had an epi, was it the normal one?

Just a bit of info on each would be great please.
I am not intending to have an epi.. but want one avavilbe, should I want/ need one.

Thanks
xx

I had a mobile one but wasn't allowed to move about hun as I was being monitered. The only time I could get up was when I went to the toilet and I had to be helped as my legs felt like jelly lol. Didn't have any pain at all was great and I would recommend it. xxxxxx

i wanted to have a mobile epi but cant find any hsopital near me that offers them yet.

i had a normal epi last time and hated it, i didnt know what to expect from it, but i wasnt quite ready to feel paralyzed it was horrible and i felt helpless.

im avoiding it like the plague this time, just going to take the pain and let me body deal with it in any way it wants too :?

hiya

i would recommend an epi it was brilliant, i had it with my first i didn't feel a thing, he arrived at 4.27am and i had slept till then which meant i had enough energy to push and be with him when he was born

with my second i ask for an epi they called the wrong doctor who couldn't do it gave me an injection in the mean time and i had gas and air which was BLO*DY awlful, i missed the first 5 hours of my second son sleeping cause everything had kicked in.

i'm hoping for an epi this time.

bobs

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for the epidural! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

loved it
only bad thing was not being able to move for about 8 hours after

Im not sure which I had because I could still feel some of the pain but it wasnt nearly as bad, I had to wait a few hours before I was allowed to walk to the loo though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back