pain relief? (in labour and birth)

leckershell said:
Which pain relief options did you have when you were in labour/giving birth?

I went to a Labour Workshop today which explained the +'s and -'s to Entonox (Gas and Air), Pethidine and Epidural, and also the benefits of Water Pool as pain relief either before or during birth...

Just wanted to see what your experiences are really. I would prefer the Water Pool and Gas and Air, but I suppose at the time things are different and you might have the urge to just take everything on offer?

Michelle x

i just had gas and air with all of mine. i didn;t want anything more even though my second birth was very trraumatic.

I had no pain relief except a water birth which is exactly what i wanted BUT am i that brave this time???? hmmmm me thinks not....

You have done it once hun, you can do it again!

I had G+A ( :puke: :puke: :puke: made me sick, paranoid and aggressive) after quite some time I ended up with an epidural, which is not what I wanted, as Id started off at a birthing centre, but with complications I had to go to hospital.
The epidural was very good, but i had so many top ups (long labour) it made me very sick.

Im worried that this time I wouldnt be able to do with out, but Charlies birth was pretty traumatic and ended in a section, so I guess it was unavoidable.

I kept an open mind with the intent of having just gas & air wasnt keen on an epidural!

so started off with gas & air then as i ended up on the oxytocin drip (through choice) and stuck in the medical side confined to a bed a thought wot the heck y lie here in pain when i dont have to be so ended up wi an epidural.

Had 1 top up early enough so that it was worn off enough for me to be able to push myself which i was very glad of.

Kazz

i wasnt keen on anything except gas and air all through my pregnancy but when the time came i had everything although i will try to not have an epidural next time as im asumming it made my contractions stop and willows heartrate to drop resulting in a c section. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back