To move or not to move? - To Move! *Decided On A House*

Kate82

Reaction score
For the past month or so, me and DH have talked about moving.
I am originally from Bristol whereas DH Dave is from Gwynedd in North Wales. We both, along with DD Lauren live in Bristol.

Dave has said that he's interested in returning back to Gwynedd with myself and Lauren. I'm all for moving and we visited Gwynedd last year and had a great time. Dave says he's fine if we stay put here in Bristol but I know that he'd love to go home to Wales.

I don't want to disappoint him by deciding to stay here but we're so settled here in Bristol and I'm worried that moving would change too many things.

To move or not to move?

It is a big decision to make.

If everyones happy to go to wales then why not....

Me and Dave have been talking all of today and I think we're going to move!

We called the estate agents today and they're coming over on Monday to do some stuff and get the ball rolling. We think the house may sell for around £250,000 which isn't too bad.

We've been looking at houses online today and we've seen some amazing ones within our price range so fingers crossed we'll get a nice house!

I hope it doesn't take too long either!

Here's a couple of pictures of some houses I like;

2zxsi2u.jpg

2wgu4qr.jpg

2jds9ac.jpg

We'll find something perfect, I'm sure.

My family are from the same area in Wales.
You'll get a lot more house for your buck there than you can in Bristol.
Plus the kids will have a chance to learn Welsh in school if you wanted them too...or if they are already fluent in English they could join an all Welsh school which teaches English as the 2nd language, they would be bi-lingual in no time!!

Iggle20 said:
My family are from the same area in Wales.
You'll get a lot more house for your buck there than you can in Bristol.
Plus the kids will have a chance to learn Welsh in school if you wanted them too...or if they are already fluent in English they could join an all Welsh school which teaches English as the 2nd language, they would be bi-lingual in no time!!

DH Dave is fluent in Welsh and speaks with a strong Welsh accent so DD Lauren is familiar with the Welsh dialect. She's almost 2 years old so speaks quite well so I'm sure she'd pick up the Welsh language in no time.

As for myself, I'm not so sure I could speak Welsh! DH has tried to teach me so phrases on several occasions but failed miserably!

Kate82 said:

2zxsi2u.jpg

2wgu4qr.jpg

2jds9ac.jpg

The first one is huge! Fancy swapping with me? :lol:

Good luck finding a house & moving.

ClaireJ said:
Kate82 said:

2zxsi2u.jpg

2wgu4qr.jpg

2jds9ac.jpg

The first one is huge! Fancy swapping with me? :lol:

Good luck finding a house & moving.

Yeah, the first one is huge :lol:
Thanks for the message of good luck; I think we'll need it!

Finally decided on a house today, it's this one:

2zxsi2u.jpg

It's just over £400,000 and ours is selling for £375,000 so not much to make up.

Our moving date is March 14, 2009; just under 1 month!

Blimey.. i think my house is probably as big as your porch! lol.. oh how the other half live! :lol:

Good luck with it hun, i hope it goes smoother for you as its going for me. My buyer has dropped out and im back to square one! :(

Lovely house. I'm from Wales originally and it is amazing what you can get for your money. For that price you would, at a stretch, get a 3 bed semi around here!!

I'm jealous of how quick it is all going for you too, we don't have any chain at all as we are holding onto our flat and renting it out and moving into a new house where the seller has no chain yet we are STILL awaiting for the solicitors to sort everything out. We were hoping to be in by beginging of March therefor exchanginh the end of this week but that seems impossible now. Ohhh the joys of moving eh.

x

ASD123456 said:
Lovely house. I'm from Wales originally and it is amazing what you can get for your money. For that price you would, at a stretch, get a 3 bed semi around here!!

I'm jealous of how quick it is all going for you too, we don't have any chain at all as we are holding onto our flat and renting it out and moving into a new house where the seller has no chain yet we are STILL awaiting for the solicitors to sort everything out. We were hoping to be in by beginging of March therefor exchanginh the end of this week but that seems impossible now. Ohhh the joys of moving eh.

x

DH Dave is originally from Wales too and he was amazed at what we got for our money.

We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything would be processed by. Can't wait to move though! It's such a different place up there, we live in Bristol now so Wales isn't too far but it is very much a change of scene.

Kate82 said:
Finally decided on a house today, it's this one:

2zxsi2u.jpg

It's just over £400,000 and ours is selling for £375,000 so not much to make up.

Our moving date is March 14, 2009; just under 1 month!

Fantastic house!
Makes my place look like a shack :lol:

Good luck with the move and everything else, hope things work out nicely for you.

Great house and welcome to Gwynedd (when you get here) what part of Gwynedd you moving to if you don't mind me asking? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sam96031 said:
Great house and welcome to Gwynedd (when you get here) what part of Gwynedd you moving to if you don't mind me asking? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

We're going to Bangor :)

Kate82 said:
sam96031 said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: We've just moved from there, we live down the coast now in Dyffryn Ardudwy near Barmouth :D

WOWOWOW

that is gorgeous!!! Congratulations and i hope the move goes as smoothly as possible

sam96031 said:
Kate82 said:
sam96031 said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: We've just moved from there, we live down the coast now in Dyffryn Ardudwy near Barmouth :D

:eek: No way!
You never know, we could've been looking at your house! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back