To dopple or not to dopple....

floppit

Reaction score
Ok - I'd LOVE to hear a heart beat, to have one on my phone. It'd be so cool to sit down and listen to a little lub dup going like the clappers!!

I'm thinking of renting a doppler but I'm scared I'll be a wreck if I can't hear a beat. :oops:

So should I?

Should I dopple or not dopple? :?

u might not be able to hear the hb till after 12 weeks...i bought one off ebay ex rentaql.. for 50 quid. its fab.. bought it mroe coz i want a home birth and if i go in for a lot of monitoring i wont be able to have one...

I had a few problems during the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy so I wanted to get a doppler. It was the best thing I did. It has been a great piece of mind for me and I still use it when I;m worried that my lo's not having a very active day.

I fully understand how you are thinking with regardes to the panic you will feel if you can't hear your lo. It does take until around 12 weeks and a bit of practice to hear the heartbeat but I found it a great bonding tool.

Hope this helps. xxx

I got one off Ebay (Angelsounds) cause the girls on here who have them have got on really well, it should be delivered tomorrow..they're only around £30 too.
My OH wasn't sure if we should get one cause if I couldn't hear the heartbeat I'd over react. Now we've had the scan I'm more relaxed. If you can trust yourself not to get paranoid if you can't find it then go for it, you could always wait till you feel babys first movements, then you have that reassurance aswell.

i had hi-bebe one for 50.. its same as mws use.. its fab. i dunno about it helping me to bond with bubs.. but it is nice to hear it.. i think the 1st time we heard it it helped hubby realise there was someone in there lol.. but hes lost interest again now. he only goes to feel it for a min then gets bored.. lol..

Well I figure if I rent or buy now it will arrive by 11 weeks. I want the hi bebe one because the reviews are good and they reckon that works from 10 weeks plus so I'll have a week in hand.

Right now I'm thinking I might wait until just after my scan though, because then it will be a totally positive thing - I'll know the baby is there so it'll just be me learning.

I couldn't find mine until 11 + 2 or something, but i can get it everytime now :cheer:

I think I'm half blaming you for wanting to try this - it just sounded so cool and I can easily see how it brings the 'little person' concept right out into the open.

I think it's half because I want to send the recording to extended family, especially hubby's parents because his Mum has been knitting her fingers off 'thinking positive' since I was 4 weeks gone!

aww bless, remember to seach for it very low down (near your hairline) My LO always sits to the right, although you can hear him jiggling about :lol:

Blah!! That's gone done it!! I'm ordering one tonight and if I can't hear it straight away I'll get my nurse matey round for a dopple till we drop (or hear something) night!!

i was tempted by one in babies r us, it was only £24 but I'm not sure what the brand was.

floppit said:
Well I figure if I rent or buy now it will arrive by 11 weeks. I want the hi bebe one because the reviews are good and they reckon that works from 10 weeks plus so I'll have a week in hand.

Right now I'm thinking I might wait until just after my scan though, because then it will be a totally positive thing - I'll know the baby is there so it'll just be me learning.

The Hi Bebe is excellent and I would highly recommend it. I did the same when first using it and I waited until the day after my scan then tried it so I didn't get worried when i didn't find hb straight away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back