Can they miss twins at 12 weeks scan???

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
This morning when I was doppling I found baby's heartbeat low down on the left side. I moved the doppler around a bit, cos sometimes I can feel movement through the doppler, and I found the heartbeat again on the right side and a bit higher :? . I moved the doppler back and forth and there defo was 2 places where I can hear the heartbeat, the same speed but sounding slightly different. Just had another dopple and there was still 2 places I can hear heartbeat, one low down just left of the middle and another low down just to the right of the middle. Could they have missed twins on the 12 week scan or is it usual to find the heartbeat in more than one place or is the placenta beating the same as baby's. Either HB defo ISN'T mine.

ummmm not sure if they can miss twins on a scan they woman didnt even had the scaner on my for a min b4 she said there was 2 and when she said that there was nothnig on the screen to resemble a baby!!!!

I read the other day hun its not unusual to be able to find babys heartbeat in 2places :D

I wouldn't worry. We find ours all over the place. You'd think there were about 6 babies in there sometimes LOL

I think it depends how the baby is lying, as you can hear the heartbeat through the front or back of the baby. I know I can usually get the baby's heartbeat in a couple of places, depending on how I angle the hand held bit.

yeh ive found his in different places on same go aswell , and god knows how many places i can find my own hb down / round my belly ! it does say on my doppler thing that you will find it in different places and it doesnt mean there is more then one baby in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back