cant find heart beat on doppler HELP

ell031291

Reaction score
i seem to cannot find my babies heart beat on a doppler which my friend bought me

where is the best place to place the dopple or position to lie in to make it easier?

i couldnt find my one til 15 weeks hun but best place to try is right in the middle of your tum just above or angled into the pelvis. right where your pubic bone is.

Don,t panic!! Took the midwife 10 mins to find mine at my 16 week check. They say not to use a Doppler untill a certain point so you don,t get worried. Not sure when that point is tho.

my doppler says on it that usually u cant hear the heartbeat till 21 weeks xx

You are pretty early to try to listen to it. I heard mine at 13 weeks but midwife said 14 is best so try not to worry x

Try with a full bladder and as far down as ur hair line to find the heartbeat. Move the Doppler really slowly as well as it is so easy to miss. I found my Roo's heartbeat at 11+4 weeks I think and it was slightly to the right. It is also quite quiet as u have to really listen out for it. Now at 15+4 weeks it is so much easier to find. Be patient too, it took me about an hour the first time xx

It's really difficult to hear before 15 weeks. I heard mine quite faint but haven't been able to find it since.

I had to push in quite hard to find my LO's heartbeat but I wouldn't recommend it as it made that spot quite sore for a few days. I also had a tummy full of food and a full bladder, doesn't always work but might help.

Don't worry you've probably just made it really snugly in there for your little bean and they are tucked in all cosy so you can't hear it.

Leave it a few days and try again. Fx for your next attempt x

It's so hard to find hb at first, I found DD's at about 12 weeks 5 days, with a lot of perserverence. Probably best to try again in a few days x x

Which one are u usin? I first found mine awaY in the corner.Nowhere near my tummy. Listen for a loud wind like sound, been told that's the placenta. Ull know wat I mean as sn as u hear it. At least then u know ur in the cright area x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back