To buy or not to buy (Newborn or 0-3m clothes) ?

Ive bought quite a few second hand things off ebay and ive never had a problem. At 0-3 months all the stuff is brand new practically.

Stanley weighed in today at a whopping 10lb 3 oz ( :shock: ) and is only just coming out of newborn

I WOULD buy newborn only because 0-3 is MASSIVE in the early days, and everyone thinks its a good idea to buy you bigger stuff.

We were stuck for tiny clothes at first. :D

considering thats some babies birth weight... :shock:

i hope i have an average 7lb baby :pray:

Oh Ebony, you will :hug:

Stanley was only 7lb 2oz and was SWIMMING in most his clothes! :)

Oooooh perhaps I will get a couple of newborn pieces then, just for like the first 2/3 wks or so

ebony_preggy said:
dont do second-hand

oh i wish i was rich enough to say that :roll: you must be rolling in it ebony! whats your secret!

lauramumof2 said:
Ive bought quite a few second hand things off ebay and ive never had a problem. At 0-3 months all the stuff is brand new practically.

my sentiments exactly

Did Ebony said she doesnt do secondhand??????!!!!!

She is crazy!!! Some of the best stuff you can get is second hand and hardly been worn, whats the point in spending loads of dosh on clothes they are going to be in for like 5 minutes???

Id save the money for nice things they are going to appreciate like toys etc

im not rich enough to be able to refuse second hand stuff im afraid. so long as its clean and washed i think fook it - they aren't in the darned clothes five minutes.

I'm not too keen on second hand either, we have saved soo much and bought everything brand new :oops: but have accepted whatever lil bits we have been given, and like Budge said as long as they're washed then i suppose whats the difference

Dont worry princess puddles, when I was 17 I would have cut my arm off before using/wearing second hand. At 29 im the 2nd hand queen :rotfl:

with my first i wouldnt accept anything,now i dont care,as long as its clean and tidy who cares.

i dont buy secondhand .. end o story...

ill take things from family members but i dont buy it.. whats wrong with that?

ebony_preggy said:
dont do second-hand

dont trust ebay... so i think ill do primark/george for a few newborn...

Up to you really but, Ewan wore some of his suits about 3 times before he grew out of them, people got him snow suits costing over £20 and he worn them ooh twice... you can get the same £20 quid suit at car boots for £2 and a bit more on ebay.

Between then ages of newborn to 18 months they grow so quickly that is just so much of a waste of money to buy new when you can get great stuff out of charity shops etc, I just wash em and they are practically brand new!!

I am a bit of a car boot, charity shop junkie!! theres nothing wrong with second hand stuff, i love it and 90% of Ewans clothes are 2nd hand the others have been bough in sales, i've never bought anything full price, baby clothes are a rip off.

Good luck to you if you can afford all brand new clothes.

ebony hun tesco do 3 white vests for £2 and they do 3 sleepsuits for £4 :D

hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back