Packing my hospital bag, and have some questions :) - 2 more questions now!

Lewa

Reaction score
1.How many disposable breast pads should I bring?

2.Bought some loose labouring/button down the front clothes today at primark, should I wash these before I pack them? Thinking maybe I should since we're supposed to wash the baby clothes... what have you done?

Packing right now, so will probably have some more questions soon as I work through my list :p

Thanks!

new question:
Are you packing long sleeved or short sleeved vests? Also, the sleepsuits we've bought so far are nice and uhm, don't know the word.. but not just plain cotton, but with a fluffy finish if you know what I mean :p Is that all right or will that be too warm at the hospital do you think?

UPDATE
A couple of more questions:

1. What size baby clothes are you bringing? New born o 0-3 or a bit of both? My mother has told me all the time to basically only buy 0-3 months because our family tends to get big babies, and newborn clothes sometimes won't fit, or only be worn for a week or so. Now I'm wondering if I should bring a bit of both, just to be on the safe side... What have you guys done?

2. Blanket for baby, what kind of blanket should that be? There are so many different kinds....!

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
I have only put a few breast pads in my bag as the midwife told me they provide all pads for me and all the nappies for the baby. She told me the only thing I need to bring is my clothes etc and if I choose to bottlefeed to bring the ready cartoned milk x

I'm gonna wash the bits I'm taking just so they smell like me! Lol!

Gonna take a box of disposable breast pads as well just to be on the safe side xx

I was gonna take a box of pads. And i've not bothered washing my jammies etc. Figure i wouldnt normally, so why bother now. xxx

I'm taking abotu 7breast pads, will keep more in the car in a spare bag just incase, and as for my jimmys, they will be washed.x

I packed 3 pairs of breast pads. My sister in law recommended packing nighties for after LO is born in case you have a c section. She had a c section and could't bear wearing pants for the first few days. I finalized my hospital bag tis weekend :) makes it more real!

I'll wash the new clothes for the hospital then, just in case, and I've decided to bring 9 pairs of breast pads, and if that's not enough I'll ask my hubby to bring more if he's going home (if he's not I'm guessing we're staying short enough that I won't need more! :p

I made a list this weekend, and started buying things today, and I'm partly packing it now (which helped me realise I need to start washing some baby clothes so I can pack them!)

I don't really have time to do this now, but I can't get anything else done while knowing I need to get this done... I'm sure once that's out of the way I'll be able to focus more on my dissertation :p Probably not... but at least I'll have one less thing to worry about!

1 more question:
Are you packing long sleeved or short sleeved vests? Also, the sleepsuits we've bought so far are nice and uhm, don't know the word.. but not just plain cotton, but with a fluffy finish if you know what I mean :p Is that all right or will that be too warm at the hospital do you think?

I'm just taking short sleeve vests as he will have long sleeve sleepsuits. In would probably get a pack of cotton sleepsuits to take as it should be plenty warm enough in the hospital. The supermarkets do cheap packs of sleepsuits so u don't have to spend a fortune xx

Think I've taken 5 or 6 of the tommee tippie breast pads that come in lil bags but it's likely I'll be in for a few days. It wasn't til my milk came in I really needed them last time.

I wouldn't bother washing the clothes I never wash new clothes too lazy.

hm, I might get some normal plain sleepsuits for the hospital then.. although, I'm having a babyshower on feb 2nd.. so maybe wait and see if I get any...

I feel like my hospital bag is going to get huge! More like a hospital suitcase.. bathrobe, pads, nappies, blanket, towel for baby, those type of things take up a lot of space!

I'm taking short sleeved vests and long sleeved sleepsuits :). You may want cotton suits for hospital bit cooler xx

bump, new question in first post :)

Im planning on plannning on bringing a mixture. Just a couple of bits of each size - DH can get sent for more if needs be. I know folk who have said that i should only get 0-3 cos newborn doesnt fit for long - but then that drowns some babies - its not just the weight you've to think about, but length etc as well. Also depends where you've been shopping - ive got first size stuff thats 9lbs, newborn that 10lbs, some thats 11lbs, then 0-3 ranging from 12lbs to 15lbs. I kinda thought that even if you have a 9lb baby - some of the 0-3 that goes up to 15lbs is gonna be far to big - never mind if you take that and end up with a little one.

Dunno about blanket - i thought probably cellular. xxx

Lol, seems like I'm not the only one who's a bit "confused" about sizes then. It's so hard because you can't know how big they will be! Oh well, I guess I'll do a variation... and I'm guessing cellular blanket too, but not sure.. have fleeze and wool and all kinds at home.

yeah, i was looking through stuff the other day and got totally confused. I got given a bag of pre-loved stuff from a girl at work - so loads of differnet shops, and i have stuff in 9lbs, 10lbs, 11lbs, 12lbs, 14lbs and 15lbs - and none of that is higher than 3 months - its all variations of first size, newborn, and 0-3. its very confusing. I think i'll take some of the 9lbs, and some of the 11lbs - cos hopefully Lo will fit reasonably into that! xxx

I was thinkin of taking the blanket bev is crocheting for me, need to get another one to take as well as I noticed last night all my blankets r cotbed size and they r gonna be huge! Lol!

As for clothes, I've pulled out mostly nb. Gonna take a couple of vests/sleepsuits in 0-3 and send DH home for more should I need them.

I was going to take a fleece blanket, but might rethink that now. As for sizes, I have packed a couple of vests and sleep suits in newborn size and a couple in 0-3. They are only small, so don't take up too much room in the bag. The snowsuit thing for coming home in is 0-3.

I had an 8pm baby and my tesco newborn and mamas abd papas newborn were huge on him, especially the m&ps they seem to come up big!

Hi hun

I've just packed mine.

I am taking a handful of breast pads from the box. If i need more someone can fetch more for me.
I am taking a pack of new born pampers nappies
I am taking a two short sleve vests and a two long sleve
I bought some primark nighties too and have washed them so they smell nice.
I have two sleepsuits
One snow suit to take Chip home in
A wollen blanket someone has knitted for me and one John Lewis pram blanket, kind of fleece material.
All hospital baby outfits are new born size. (Although thinking about it as i have a "small baby" maybe i need some tiny baby outfits?) I also have a mixture of newborn and 0-3 at home.

Don't forget big knickers in case of C-section and some comfy clothes for yourself to come home in.

Hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back