Clothes - numbers and sizes.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Im pretty sure we had a thread about this before, but i was wondering what kinda of sizes everyone had stocked up on - and how many of each.

I've just gone through what we have in - and my numbers are all over the place - mainly cos ive been given a bag of preloved bits, and my shopping so far has consited of picking up an item or two with my weekly shop.

Im also a bit confused by the fact that first size (up to 9lbs), newborn (11lbs) and 0-3 (12 or 14lbs)all overlap depending on which store you buy from.

Looking at sleepsuits and vests we have;

22 sleep suits - 8first size, 6 newborn and 8 0-3.
11 long sleeve vests - 6 first size and 5 newborn
40 short sleeve vests - 17 first size, 9 newborn and 14 0-3.

Whats everyone else aiming for??

xxx

It's interesting this thread, it'll be very helpful to see what people have.

A few people have told me not to buy much in the tiny sizes because if you have a long/big baby they won't fit in the newborn stuff!

As a result I havent really bought anything which is rather stupid lol

I've just stuck to 0-3 and 3-6, like you I've got so confused by sizes. It doesn't really matter if there's a bit of extra leg room in the sleepsuits cos I'm sure they'll fit soon enough. Can't believe that tiny baby is now up to 6lbs in some of the brands, we are all expected to give birth to whoppers apparently :shock:

I have so far:

3 newborn sleep suits
7 0-3 short sleeve vests
5 newborn short sleeve vests
3 newborn long sleeve vests

I was tending to buy first size and newborn a bit more - cos if im buying presents for someone else I always get bigger sizes. and i know my brother and SIL were expecting gift things then everything they were given was far too big for the first while. xxx

I've bought Newborn, 0-3 and some 3-6. I started to feel like I was getting a lot of Newborn, so as soon as I felt like that, I stopped and went onto 0-3. Plus if anyone buys you baby clothes when LO arrives, they'll most likely get you Newborn won't they really!

If people want to buy us clothing, I'll be asking for 0-3 and 3-6. We have so much newborn stuff and I doubt all of it will get worn.xx

Thats partly were i got confused (not that it takes much) - cos I always buy bigger things as gifts, but dont want to end up with nothing that fits if she's little. But some folk say not to even bother with the first size stuff cos they'll grow out of it too quickly.

xxx

I've just stuck to 0-3 and 3-6, like you I've got so confused by sizes. It doesn't really matter if there's a bit of extra leg room in the sleepsuits cos I'm sure they'll fit soon enough. Can't believe that tiny baby is now up to 6lbs in some of the brands, we are all expected to give birth to whoppers apparently :shock:

I remember hearing a midwife friend say a few years back that due to better ante natal care, that the average baby now weighs nearer 9lbs at birth. xxx

To confuse me even further - ive just had two seperate messages on fb after i moaned about cloth sizes confusing me - the first said dont bother with newborn unless you know you're having an early/little baby cos they'll grow out really quick.

The second said 0-3 didnt fit her son (not exactly a small boy) till he was nearer 2months!

Think i'll just wait till madam arrives before buying anything else. lol

xxx

Got most of my sleepsuits (7) and outfits (2) in newborn because I remember my son's little legs didn't even fit down the leg holes.
Got all my vests in 0-3 because it's not so much of an issue, and what with a nappy and all it won't matter.
Got 2 newborn sleep suits but in my experience they don't really fit for a month or 2.
Got some lil socks, hats and mittens.

A cousin promised me a load of her old baby clothes but she hasn't bothered will just have to wait and see.

I got a load of second hand newborn stuff so if I use it, I use it and if I don't, I don't! Least then I don't have to worry about having too many/too little clothes.

I have stuff up to one year for him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back