to all those with episiotomys or tears...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
hello ladies....

how long did it take for your to heal to the point where you had a day without any pain or discomfort...?

mine has been bad in that all my sticthes burst and i keep getting infections so 6 weeks on, i still have a lot of discomfort and its not properly healed yet...

also....how long til you were able to have sex again...?? the thought terrifies me cos im scared of bursting it open again or it being very painful but then i cant wait to make love with my new hubby again....i miss him :( and i am missing our closeness in that way xxx

I felt great after about a month (tbh, piles felt worse than episiotomy) and tried to have sex at around 7-8 weeks. Huuuuge mistake! My perineum felt like it was going to split, and I haven't dared since, it's been feeling very... tight, iykwim.

I was really lucky as I was pain free after 10th days and dtd after 2 weeks with lots of lube and me on top so can control the depth etc. I wouldn't try while still in pain tho. Have a bath together if you can its great for closeness without you having to have sex.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I was in pain for months, it was uncomforatble to even sit down. I had a forceps delivery though so had a LOT of internal amd external bruising. I'm not in pain any more but still don't feel 'normal' down there. Haven't dtd since baby was conceived in Jan' 11 !!!!! Can't see it happening anytime soon either as I am scared to go back on the pill after hearing how it can mess up your hormones and turn you into an emotional wreck (I'm bad enough already!) And the coil makes you put on weight. I got back down to my prepregnancy weight really quickly but I am still not confident about my body. Feel bad for oh :(

I was in pain for months, it was uncomforatble to even sit down. I had a forceps delivery though so had a LOT of internal amd external bruising. I'm not in pain any more but still don't feel 'normal' down there. Haven't dtd since baby was conceived in Jan' 11 !!!!! Can't see it happening anytime soon either as I am scared to go back on the pill after hearing how it can mess up your hormones and turn you into an emotional wreck (I'm bad enough already!) And the coil makes you put on weight. I got back down to my prepregnancy weight really quickly but I am still not confident about my body. Feel bad for oh :(

yeah i was forceps too....so also had A LOT of bruising...everywhere down there still feels very tender and sore.....and it all aches after i have poo'd. although the piles probably dont help there...although they have gone down loads.

I felt great after about a month (tbh, piles felt worse than episiotomy) and tried to have sex at around 7-8 weeks. Huuuuge mistake! My perineum felt like it was going to split, and I haven't dared since, it's been feeling very... tight, iykwim.

yeah......i know what you mean. in a weird way i dont think mine will be tight...cos it hasnt healed together......just want it to stop bloody hurtin!!!

just hope i am still 'tight-ish' up inside cos the actual entrance looks bigger than i remember...lol

i did dare to put a finger inside to survey the area...and it did feel back to normal up there.....it's a good job she's cute, all the bother she's caused mummy!!!! lol xx

I never healed properly and still open but my oh didnt even notice so cant have made any difference to him.

is that from this recent labour hon?

It was my 1st 12 month ago but he said he never noticed the difference.

how long after that birth did you mange to have sex? xx

It was only a couple of weeks after I managed to have sex. Inside I healed it was just the outside that didnt. It looks worse than it is.

Isnt it funny what info we will share with random strangers lol

i know....lol...its amazing what you will share with your friends who have given birth too....lol

I'm too scared to look! I tried to have a peek when I was healing but couldn't see properly! I even tried using 2 mirrors! Has anyone else found their periods are different now? I have had to use maternity pads as it is so heavy (never was before) and sometimes my bits ache :( also I feel like air keeps going inside me iykwim!!! Eeek, too much info sorry!!!

I had a vaccuum delivery with episiotomy and third degree tear. Felt pretty normal by 5 weeks but still feel tight now. Terrified to dtd!!! I really hope you heal soon.... It is such a horrible spot to have pain! Xx

I had a tear, it's 6 weeks on and some days i feel normal, some a bit achy and tight. I've also had a look, (tip- legs up on sides of bath, lean back and a mirror) it looks different and how are we meant to know what it should look like if normal? Don't wanna risk dtd yet, mainly cos of being scared of it hurting but also really don't want to accidentally get pregnant.

Been for my six week check. Doc told me it is now starting to heal but I am probsbly going to need surgery! Great :(

Also said it will probably be another month before it stops hurting......

Xx

I had ventouse, then forcep delivery with an episiotomy. It broke down after 8 days and I had several infections. By 5weeks it was closed but I was told by the consultant that it is raw skin so will be more painful, could bleed and be uncomfortable for a while. I could possibly need surgery too. I still get days where it's really uncomfortable but it's getting less, I'm hoping I won't need surgery.
We first dtd at 6weeks but it was painful. Since then we've done it a couple of times and it's slowly becoming more comfortable - we're using condoms which I've never found that comfortable anyway so that may be the reason.
Hope it sorts itself out for you soon! My consultant recommended wet wipes to clean myself as it's softer so I got some andrex washlets and it really does help x x x

Thanks. We have the washlets :) how many weeks now is it since you gave birth? Xx

With my 1st I was 7/8 weeks til I could pee w/out crying with pain, could hardly walk til that time either. I think it started getting a bit more bearable around 8 weeks. Sex wise I think it was a week after the pain went away, so around 9/10 weeks

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back