TMI sorry - constipation

flexilexi394

Reaction score
The last 4 days I have had the worst constipation ever.

It annoys the hell out of me as I eat loads of fruit and porridge and stuff like that, drink fluids but no, I have to get it really bad!

I go to the toilet once or twice a day, but the last few days have been literally like pushing out a baby. Bloody hate unclogging toilets!

Yesterday, I actually bled it was that bad back there.

Anyone else battling with this? It's torture! I dunno how I'm gonna survive childbirth I'm sure it's a similar sensation! Lol. X

Yeah I sometimes get constipated and it really hurts my tummy when it won't come out! Usually a warm bath helps. Im like you though, I eat quite well and drink tons but still, it has to be awkward.

If only child birth was like pushing out a poo haha ;)

Lol it's painful isn't it! Yeah I felt like I was pushing absby out, but I'm sure it will be a lot worse when I'm actually pushing a baby out! Lol x

yeah I have had it a bit but get massive shooting pains up my bum that makes me stand up off the seat! if giving birth is the same then bring it on!!

Yeah constipation has been my enemy and for the first time in my life i got a pile. Every day i am now eating fibre bars and dried fruit, helps a bit. Plenty of water or diluting juice aswell. The thing to remember is our anuses won't contract as much as our vaginas so that's what's keeping me going.

God i feel so naughty saying anuses and vaginas lol!!!

Yeah constipation has been my enemy and for the first time in my life i got a pile. Every day i am now eating fibre bars and dried fruit, helps a bit. Plenty of water or diluting juice aswell. The thing to remember is our anuses won't contract as much as our vaginas so that's what's keeping me going.

God i feel so naughty saying anuses and vaginas lol!!!

hahaha very true!

Im only in Trimester 1 and I've got it terribly this evening too. I never knew is could be this uncomfortable.

Ill make a doctors appointment tomorrow but is there anything I can try this evening to help (I cant push any harder - even then I still can't quite do it)

I feel like a goat. Got constipation so bad I'm graphing out pebbles :( sorry if tmi.
Now, I haven't been loo in 3 days.
I've got fybogel n it's going in but nothing is coming out. My butt had a nose bleed to add to it :(

I found shreddies really helped every morning, and I tried fybogel with no luck except a bloated tummy.

since hospital and the section, they gave me a prescriptio for lactulose, you have 4 teaspoons of it, twice daily, it tastes like yummy maple syrup and boy does it work, by afternoon the same day (after one dose) you will be performing nicely girls! get some , I was put off before as I had already paid out for the fybogel, wish I had known that even tho it costs a bit, go for it

I can't eat apples :( they make me sick. Hopefully after Elijah is born I will be able to eat fruit again

I can't eat apples :( they make me sick. Hopefully after Elijah is born I will be able to eat fruit again[/QUOTE

What about dried Apricots Lea, there not acidy really

Hey ladies, definitely get on the lactulose... i've been constipated on and off all throughout and that has definitely worked for me.

It's really gentle but still gets things moving and like JJ said, it actually tastes quite nice!!

I feel like a goat. Got constipation so bad I'm graphing out pebbles :( sorry if tmi.

LOL, I so know what you mean! That's what I was like for the last few months of being pregnant! Now I've had the little dude, I'm even worse! I had a couple of stitches following an episiotomy and was then terrified to have a poo! I tried lactulose and it worked a little, but god did it make me windy! I stank lol! The midwife recommended prune juice, so I had my first glass of that this morning...can't say I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just hope it works!

I have been very lucky in recent weeks and not suffered. I have a green tea with lemon followed by a glass of fruit juice, then have bran flakes for breakfast with soup for lunch and that has kept me regular at least once a day.

I hope it eases up for you soon.

lol i get it so bad sometimes, but do you know, ive noticed i only get it when ive used Gaviscon in that particular day!! frustrating because i think i would die without gaviscon lol but when i dont use it ive been alright! rubbish! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back