Tiredness getting worse and worse

Susanne

Reaction score
I know it's all part of the fun of being pregnant, but this tiredness is really beginning to get to me now. It is just getting worse and worse. I feel overwhelmed by every little thing I do. How an earth I am going to get through my shifts tomorrow and the day after is beyond me. I know it is really pathetic, but just thinking about it brings me close to tears...:night: Sorry to be moaning again...

Aww Hun :hugs:

I'm fine until I get to 3pm .. Then I just feel like my heads Gunna hit my desk!

Xx

My head does hit my desk.............!!

I've been taking an hour or so off each day as I need to rest. The exhaustion is incredible.

This is the main symptom I've had during pregnancy, so so tired. At about 7 weeks I was in bed by 8.30ish most nights, it's getting a bit better now but still to feel it :hug: it should pass though - til the end of third tri anyway :lol: x

Are you a nurse Susanne? If you are join the club of terror!
I have just had 5 days off (just days off, not annula leave or anything) and I am dreading working tomorrow and Friday night.
I don't know how I'm gonna cope and alot of my colleagues don't know I'm pregnant either.
I feel for you :( Just do the minimum! I know thats hard but think of yourself and your munchkin.
If you have any tips on how you get through the day let me know.
I hate night shifts at the best of time and could cry thinking about tomorrow night.
Good luck hun.
x x x

I would try upping your iron intake... i had this last time and a big fat steak sorted me out every time lol

or for the healthy option, a pile of spinach!

Are you a nurse Susanne? If you are join the club of terror!

I am, yes (for my sins). And working on a really busy ward, which doesn't help. Have put in a request for a transfer to a less hectic area and they said they'll try their best, but weren't very hopeful. Sigh. No good tips on how to survive the day, I'm afraid - I wish I had! I have told my colleages, though, and that has helped a bit, at least they know now why I am not on top form! Good luck for your night shifts!

Hey Susanne, I am at work now and tbh so far so good.
I slept quite alot yesterday in prep for tonight but then I did that even before I was pregnant and had a night shift looming.

Luckily all the patients are behaving tonight but it is an elderly care ward so it could change at any minute!

Apart from wanting to eat loads I feel ok so maybe the tiredness is passing or maybe a night shift is easier than a day? Maybe this time tomorrow I won't be so positive and upbeat! :)

I hope you're doing ok. We're in double figures now too! :)

Hi Princess, hope the rest of your shift is going OK! :) OH had to get up at 4.30 and I'm wide awake :(

Morning!

Shift was ok thanks Dyscochick. Maybe nights will suit me better. We did get a 2 hour break though so I was able to snooze.

Off to bed now ready for tonight and then early private scan tomorrow. I'm scared and excited!
Have a good day! :)

You poor thing, I know exactly what you are going through. My tiredness has been so bad that i come in from work and go straight to bed. Hubby brings me dinner in bed, I dont have the energy to get up all evening, most days. I spend my weekends in bed. Its rubbish!! No life at all right now. Try to get more protein x

I've been alright up untill the last couple of days! and today when it got to 3.30 i just had to sleep, was really dizzy and not with it, left poor OH looking after J. Just hope it doesn't carry on when theres just me too look after him while OH is working! xx

I worked full time during my last pregnancy, and I can sympathise totally with how you are feeling.

My tiredness started at about week 6 and stopped completely at the end of week 10, so didn't last too long thankfully. Hopefully it will happen like that for you.

I was reading about pregnancy tiredness the other day and it was descibed as "jaw-dropping fatigue". They are not wrong!

This time I am extremely fortunate in that my little boy is at school so i can nap in the day if I need to, I am so grateful for that, and really dod feel sorry for you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back