Tired baby wont sleep...

rachie29

Reaction score
Over the last week Holly has suddenly gone from settling herself to sleep well to really fighting it.

She still only wakes once for a feed in the night which is great, but getting to sleep is proving difficult. We have a very light routine - play - bath/wash - play - feed -bed which starts around 6pm, we put her to bed when she is drowsy and she is usually always asleep by 8/8.30. It wasnt perfect but generally she'd fall asleep quite quickly after maybe going to her once to put her dummy back in. Now when we put her down drowsy within minutes she is ide awake screaming the house down. We do all the usual, check nappy/hungry/wind etc but nothing is working.

She'll then start to fall asleep in arms, but the minute she is put down again she's off... I don t know what else to try...

midna said:
Welcome to the clingy babie stage loool ...
Looool lil miss has been like that since she came out of hozzie... :rotfl: :rotfl: She's not too bad at night, but she has to be asleep when I put her down... during the day though, she's not fooled and she needs to be in constant contact with me. Shes such a big baby though that my arms are starting to give up the ghost.. :rotfl: Theres nothing I can suggest other than perseverance at putting her down... and not running to pick her up at the slightest squeak... but letting her cry a little... sometimes the crying makes them more sleepy.

A baby won't die from crying.. Lil miss hates the car seat and always cries in it... but she has to stay in it.. she screamed for over 20 mins yesterday in the car seat and we pulled over twice to calm her down, take her out, give her a cuddle.. but she was fine. :hug: :hug:

we appear to be back into our little routine, she is now down by 7.30 still wakes once and then back down again. I think it was because she had a cold and she was miserable which made it hard for her to settle poor mite

we appear to be back into our little routine, she is now down by 7.30 still wakes once and then back down again. I think it was because she had a cold and she was miserable which made it hard for her to settle poor mite

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back