is it me or is she playing me already?!

elliej

Reaction score
recently my LO has started to ba a pain to get to sleep at night. we have a bedtime routine, basically bath, gentle play, feed, bed. but for the last week she has started to be a right pain. bath, play, feed ok then she falls asleep on the breast, which she has always done but i cant wake her, nothing wakes heer, so i put her down in her cot, and leave the room. 15mins later and she is yelling her head off. i wait Five mins or so, still yelling, so in the end i have no choice but to pick her up and feed her again, she will feed for ages, then fall asleep again, this time she will wake as i wind her, refuse more feed so we have a cuddle and then i put her down, then she yells again, so i leave her for a few mins and either i end up picking her up and feeding some more to settle or she will yell, yell, zonk and fall asleep where she will then sleep til morning! grr, its taking me nearly two hour from bath to sleep. what am i doing wrong???

Not sure if my parenting style would suit you, but I would just keep picking her up and giving her cuddles. I don't think that babies are playing us, but are crying because they are feeling lonely, frightened or in pain. This new world can be a scary place for them.

I hope it is only a stage and will pass. Sending you loads of patient :hug: :hug: :hug:

i suppose i just think she is playing me cuz quite often she will stop yelling long enough to grin or laugh at me, lol. i want to give her lots more cuddles but i suppose i am afraid of getting her into a bad habit of not gong to sleep but she is only a baby so. hmmm this ummy thing is hard! anyone found a haynes manual for babies???

It'd be great if they came with a manual :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just trust your insticts, you are doing well and don't listen to anyone else (it's like when people said to me that I would have to always carry her when I had LO in a sling and gave her cuddles every time she cried when she was a newborn - quite the opposite, she is a confident little explorer now) :hug:

elliej said:
i suppose i just think she is playing me cuz quite often she will stop yelling long enough to grin or laugh at me, lol.

She's just pleased to see you and know you are there.

As midna said, at this age and for a fair while longer she has no notion of what playing you up is or anything like that. She just wants cuddles and to be close. Also she is around the age when a growth spurt happens so she may be more unsettled than normal for a bit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and i was joking about the manual! thats deffo my number one on my christmas pressie list!!!!!

lmao :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back