Tiny Tabitha

Yay!! What a lovely update!!

That's an amazing achievement on the expressing front hun!The most I ever managed was... drum roll... eight mls!! Rubbish eh? You must be so chuffed! :thumbup: Well done you!!

XX

Ventilator off, chest drain out, IV removed! My wee girl is so strong, I'm so proud of her :)

She's going to get a wee bit phototherapy today as her bilirubin count has been borderline so far, but just tipped over the edge an hour ago, so she'll get the wee light above her incubator. That means no cuddles just yet but we are so close!

I got to change her nappy today, felt like a massive step forwards, I was just about crying doing it I was so happy! Having a baby in special care makes you truly appreciate all the little 'firsts', even more so than even with your first born if you get them home straight away. I realise now that I took so much for granted when alyssa was born.

This morning (early am, been up since 4.30!) I expressed 80mls. 80! My boobs were bloody killing me when I woke up so it's no wonder! I'm trying to stick to every 4 hours so I'm doing 4.30 8.30 12.30 both am and pm but last night I slept right through my 12.30 alarm and missed my go. Woops. But needed the sleep obviously! That stretch between 8.30 and 12.30 is tough because I am really tired, haven't got a meal in that time, and it's hard to sleep at that time on the ward. So fingers crossed I can manage the 12.30 slot most nights otherwise I'll end up with sore boobs every night!

Going to try get a nap in before breakfast now, then it all starts over again! Xx

Attachments

• IMG_20140625_064032.jpg
    IMG_20140625_064032.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Aww that's fab hun!

Not long till you can snuggle your baby girl I'm sure!!

She is just beyond gorgeous!! Simply perfect!!

XX

Oh wow leesey, look at her!

She has her eyes open and everything, a wee nosy coot hey?

I am glad things are going well and keep up with the expressing. I know that some ladies who have had babies in special care throw themselves into this as they cannot go down the usual route of feeding / comforting.

Not long now though?

I am so thrilled for you all

X

Ah she's so beautiful and you're both doing so well. Max spent some time under the lamps when he was tiny, he loved it as it was all warm and snuggly, we said it looked like he was just chilling topping up his tan :) They normally respond pretty quick so you'll no doubt be having loads of cuddles soon. Also huge well done on the expressing xxx

Hi ladies, I was discharged yesterday without me wee girl, and unfortunately because I've had horrific stomach problems for the last 24 hours, I''m not allowed to visit her :( So I'm waiting for the results today to see if I have a bug or infection. If I don't I'm able to go see her, if I do it will be Saturday before I'm allowed in :(

Spent all day yesterday crying :( xx

Oh leesey hun, what a bummer you are poorly!

I hope the tests come back that you don't have a bug but if you do have something put your sensible head on and keep reminding yourself that you are protecting Tabitha.

Is Dad with her?

The nurses and MW's will be all over her, they'll take extra care as Mummy is away at the moment.

I know this must feel like a massive set back but she'll be home with you shortly and you can begin family life together.

X

Oh hun- she is doing so well! U have been doing great too! So sorry u r having pains- hope I r OK? X

My little sunbather xx

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 39
Despite feeling a lot better today and more positive, I eagerly awaited the news from postnatal about my results. I was finally able to get hold of them at ten to 6 tonight, after calling all afternoon and them telling me they'd get back to me, which they didn't. So when they phoned and said that the results were negative for infection I was over the moon! I asked them to forward the information to Neonatal and check that it was ok for me to come in. So we went along to the hospital, and I waited outside the ward while DH went in and checked if it was ok. The nurse who was inside said yes if the results were negative I could come in. So I practically ran inside to see her, washed my hands and put sanitiser on, and asked DH to open the incubator for me (because although I was all clear I still wanted to be extra cautious so I didn't want to touch her tonight) to speak to her. So I was standing talking to her, when another nurse came in, and basically went white as a sheet when she saw me.
She quickly said, what time did you last have a 'movement'? I said earlier today, but my results were all clear and she said but you need to stay away for 48 hours regardless! She closed the incubator and I just panicked, burst into tears and ran out.
I did everything I was supposed to do, nobody told me I still had to wait 48 hours even if the results came back clear, otherwise what was the point in telling me I'd be fine with cleared results?!! I was so scared that I'd now put her at risk of some sort, and I found the whole thing really traumatic actually, and just sat crying in the waiting room until DH came out with the nurse. She explained that postnatal got it wrong, and Neonatal rules are different, and I couldn't come back to see her. She's going to speak to infection control on my behalf tomorrow, to see if she can set up an isolation room for me to visit Tabitha, but now I'm just terrified of doing something wrong. I'd never forgive myself if she got ill, I'm so scared of visiting her now :(

Last edited:
Oh sweetie how awful for you.

Don't feel worried though, if your results are clear then lo will be fine, you won't have made her poorly or put her at risk.

It must be horrible to not be able to see her but procedure is procdure and its there for a reason. They have to be so careful with bubbas on the NNU. Not everyone would be as careful as you so a blanket rule is the easiest and safest way to manage things.

Fx they can get a room sorted for you to visit her soon.

:hug:

XX

God leesey what a horrible experience.

You poor thing, I just want to give you a big hug.

I am sure that neonatal rules are super stringent and you haven't put bubba at risk. They just need to be extra cautious.

I am also sure they didn't mean to upset you.

I know it must feel like forever but until they get the isolation room sorted maybe you can get everything ay home sorted and have some one to one time with Alyssa.

Tabitha is receiving the best possible care and although this hearth breaking for you, you will be able to spend plenty of time with her soon

X

Oh no how horrible!

I cant imagine not being "allowed" to see my baby. I guess you have a whole range of emotions to deal with, anger, guilt, fear and just sheer desperation! I really hope they can set up that isolation for you so you get to see her.

Hang in there hun, this will all soon be a distant memory xxx

Still not able to see her, will be Monday at the earliest. Heartbroken :(

She's doing well though xx

Attachments

• 10462596_10152938252229377_5463631107354425070_n.jpg
    10462596_10152938252229377_5463631107354425070_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 32
Oh bless you, but look at her! She is looking amazing. Has she put on a good bit of weight? Good for you and your mummy milk x

One more sleep leesey? Fingers crossed!

I agree with Lynds, Tabitha looks bigger in that last pic?

It must be so hard to be separated - I can't even begin to imagine - but make sure you don't let this cloud everything else. She is here, she is doing well and soon she will have endless Mummy cuddles

X

She's actually lost 3 1/2 oz but that's still a good weight! I agree though she does look bigger. I think it's just cos she looks less fragile.

Sadly had an upset tummy again last night at 11pm, so it's basically going to be Tuesday morning at the earliest I see her, unless we go in the middle of the night (which I'm seriously considering!!).

I'm trying not to get too upset about it, I had a total emotional breakdown at the hospital when I realised it would be another 48 hours minimum, but I realise now that getting upset is hardly going to help my stomach.

I made this picture to show both the girls, the likeness is uncanny! xx

Attachments

• sisters.jpg
    sisters.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 33
Blimey they could be twinnies??

So similar.

Sorry that you have been poorly again though. Best to do things by the book? Just to make sure

X

It's scary how similar they are actually, right down to the birthmark between the eyebrows (my dad's side of the family has this mark). The only big difference between them is the hair, Alyssa had reddish fine hair, Tabitha's is dark blonde and fuzzy xx

So sorry u r having to stay away hun! Must b torture :-( Hope u can get back with her v v soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back