tightenings and pressure pains

valleygirl24

Reaction score
Last night I was having tightening after tightening and while some were painful they werent like I thought contractions would be so I put up with them, had about 5 or 6 of them in 25 minutes then they calmed down (unless I was distracted packing my bag lol) and then started back up again just before I went to bed. I was also getting shooting pains through my side and back when I was getting the tightenings.
Yesterday morning I went shopping and I was walking up hill I could feel the pressure in my pelvis which was a bit uncomfortable but last night my pelvis was agony. I tried to turn over in bed but couldnt move my legs, in the end I twisted myself around so I could stand up and then layed myself on my side as it was the only way I could turn.
The baby is being quite active this morning but they are only little movements.
I dont think Im going to be much longer to be honest, I think the baby wants out.
As my bag wasnt packed into the correct bags (all still in carriers etc) I packed them last night just in case things developed, only problem was I hadnt ironed anything so I packed them anyway and said if I didnt need the bag last night then I would grab the bag today and iron whats in there. Ive got an odd couple of things to go in there like dressing gown, slippers etc but mostly its things I couldnt find last night.
On my list it said about taking baby toiletries (bodywash, shampoo and lotion), will I need to take these or do you not use it in the first few days? Also baby nail scissors (are they worth taking?)

You normally get a bounty bag in hozzy with baby shampoo etc in it,as for nail scissors i wouldn't bother,take scatch mits.
Good luck it sounds like your on your way :D

they tend not to bath aby and stuff in hospitals nowadays as they need to learn to regulate their temps, i wouldnt have thought you would need anything to clean baby only baby ipes and nappies really :hug:

Hey Valleygirl! I've been having the same sort of pains for the last week or so every night, they seem to wear off when I go to bed though! -gutted! Sometimes I feel like my pelvis is gonna fall out there is that much pressure there, the baby is really low down I can't actually walk very far any more! The pains have been so bad sometimes that I have thought I was in labour but it all just seems to be practising :(

I think the recommendation is not to use any baby shampoo/bath wash for the first 4 weeks now so I don't think you'll need to pack them. I had better get organised like you and finish packing my bag xx

I thought it was just cotton wool and water for the first while as well. I'll packed nappies, cotton wool and put a little pack of wipes in there but the other thing on the list was nappy cream? Just going to add the sample pot of sudocrem I think.

I only got organised and packed my bag last night to take my mind off the tightenings and because I was afraid if I didnt pack it then they would turn into the proper thing and I would start stressing

valleygirl24 said:
I only got organised and packed my bag last night to take my mind off the tightenings and because I was afraid if I didnt pack it then they would turn into the proper thing and I would start stressing

well you can't be too organised! not long for us now hey chick! I think with nappy cream on your list that's really up to you it's just to have some sort of barrier between baby's wee and their skin so you can use lotion or vaseline or whatever, baby wipes tend to have lotion in them already so makes life a bit easier!

I'm gonna go put a wash on now and get all the stuff I need for hospital clean- like my dressing gown - I can't seem to eat anything without spilling it all down by boobs and it seems to be covered in food! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back