Three day headache

Ellied

Reaction score
Am really struggling with a headache i have had now for 3 days. Initially i thought it was due to the bad weather we had but even after the storms it has no cleared. I took a paracetamol the other day but am trying to avoid taking anymore.

If anyone has any headache cures it would be really appreciated.

Hope everyone else is having a better day :hug:

I'm on a constant headache too but only at nights, I'm fine in the day it just comes on at night and then I can't sleep.

Make sure you're drinking enough water as it could be that you're dehydrated? Or put a fan on if you feel warm?

If it gets really bad give your midwife a call, it could be like a blood pressure thing, but if she just says takes paracetamol, then do that and get rest. Paracetamols are ok to take so long as you don't overdo it :)

sorry to sound like a broken record, but headaches are also a symptom of pre-eclampsia and something you should look out for when pregnant. Especially if they don't go away.

If it was me I'd get checked out.

K.xx

They started on Tuesday morning and i did actually see my midwife the same day. Blood pressure and everything was ok.

I have had loads of headaches recently - about 3 a week - I never used to get any - my midwife says it is a combination of changing blood vessels and also the body's reaction to hormones but she said she had no problem with taking paracetemol - I hope you start to feel better soon :hug:

KJ said:
sorry to sound like a broken record, but headaches are also a symptom of pre-eclampsia and something you should look out for when pregnant. Especially if they don't go away.

If it was me I'd get checked out.

K.xx

I thought pre-eclampsia didn't tend to show up until later in the pregnancy? My sister had pre-eclampsia with both her pregnancies and in each case it didn't show up until at least the 20th week.

I am still the same with head aches at the moment. I am not that keen on taking paracetamol either and tend to just go for a lie down. Sometimes it works and others I can be up most of the night. I havent found anything that works yet but was thinking of finding out if it is safe to use that 4head stuff. Might be worth a try if it is ok to use xxx

I've had a 2 day headache now so not as bad as you but really annoying when you wake up in the morning and its still there. I have been drinking gallons of water so its not because I am dehydrated. I haven't taken any paracetamol yet either and am going to try not to.

I was wondering too if that 4head stick is safe as I used to used that for headaches?

My friend recommended the 4head stick to me as she used it when she was pregnant.

I hope it works for you but I'm afraid it did nothing for me at all!!

I have just spoke to my midwife as the headaches were still a problem and yesterday i almost fainted. Went all dizzy, had white blobs in my vision, not fun!

The Midwife says i am probably not drinking enough as my blood levels are increasing at this stage and the placenta is now putting demands on my body.

Apparently we should be having 8 glasses of water a day, this is additional to tea and coffee. So ladies get drinking :lol:

I have had an almost constant headache for almost two weeks now. I have tried almost everything to get it to go away, but no luck. It even keeps me up most nights. I don't know what else to do about it. Maybe a massage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back