Threatened miscarriage and bed rest

starrbeam

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was in this situation.

At 6 weeks I started bleeding brown/old blood for 3 days and the 3rd night some red blood and the 4th day more red blood. Basically is was just mostly spotting. The 5th day more red spottinf so went to the OB and he said he saw a lot of blood inside but didn't know the cause and said it may be a threatened miscarriage. He recommended bed rest and every since I started bed rest the bleeding has stopped.

The doctor said to not to be too positive just in case. Also at 6 weeks he saw the sac but no heartbeat, also could be too early. I have to wait till Friday to get another U/s.

I also at first felt so exhausted but it seems less now. I basically only feel constipated, peering more. No sickness or anything. I don't think my breasts are extra sensitive either. Maybe a tiny bit?

Anyone else have a threatened miscarriage with bed rest and the baby was fine?

Hey hun, I bled at around 6 weeks and went for an early scan. Saw baby's heartbeat (but turns out I was actually further along) Told to rest so not to aggrevate the bleeding and so I did. The bleeding settled and im nearly 25 weeks now. Mine was classed as a threatened miscarriage too. At such an early stage of pregnancy it's really the only term they can use. Keep hydrated, keep on taking your vits and fingers crossed you and baby will be absolutely fine :) xXx

Hey hun, I bled at around 6 weeks and went for an early scan. Saw baby's heartbeat (but turns out I was actually further along) Told to rest so not to aggrevate the bleeding and so I did. The bleeding settled and im nearly 25 weeks now. Mine was classed as a threatened miscarriage too. At such an early stage of pregnancy it's really the only term they can use. Keep hydrated, keep on taking your vits and fingers crossed you and baby will be absolutely fine :) xXx

That's good to hear! Just keeping my fingers crossed for these next 5 days to go by fast! And no more red blood.

I hope that it is all ok. What an anxious time! Feet up constantly! Xxx

Maybe spoke too soon. Had some slight cramps with light brown discharge. I'm thankful it's not red at least.

Slight cramping is usual at this time, sooo much is going on inside you. Im sure it's highlighted because of the presence of blood earlier. The brown blood is a good sign though, that the bleeding is coming to an end.
I bled again at 12/13 weeks and had brown blood & discharge for a further 4 weeks! It is terrifying I know but doesn't necessarily mean the worst :) x

Another day with only one time brown discharge.
It's really hard being in bed all the time. Not knowing if the baby will be fine too. It's driving me crazy.

Hi I haven't had anything termed as a threatened miscarriage but this may bring you some reassurance. A scanned at 6 weeks due to previous missed miscarriage. No heart beat rescanned 9 days later and there is bubs heart flickering away. Then had brown discharge. Scanned and all is good. Then again the same thing. Then red blood. Scanned all is ok. I'm now 19 weeks and its been one heck of a roller coaster pregnancy. The reason for my spotting was a "bruise" next to the sac that was filled with blood. I was told it's quite common and it either bleeds out as in my case or is reabsorbed into the body in which case the woman may not even know it's there. Also bleeding pools when we are laying down which may be the reason why you couldn't see what was causing it. If you were bleeding from a "bruise" and being on bed rest it pooled it could hide the cause of the bleeding. Hopefully you will start to absorb it and things will be clearer. Fingers crossed for you xx

Fx that the time to your scan passes quickly. Brown blood is always less worrying so take comfort in that. Sending you hugs and lots of luck, it really sounds hopeful though x

I'm going through a similar thing, I've had spotting and blood just when I wipe for two days now, it's really dark red/brown but I've had a couple of bright red spots. I had a scan yesterday and they saw nothing other than an area of activity and a couple of dark spots that could develop into the sac - I'm earlier than you, probably only 4.5 weeks, but because of my ectopics I get scanned early, and I haven't had a cycle since my last ectopic so they don't know how far on I am otherwise I wouldn't have had a scan so soon. I have to go back for my hcg level to be measured tomorrow (also had it done yesterday) and that should give me some answers, if that result is ok then I guess I'll have to wait another week or so for another scan.

It's so hard not to worry isn't it! My friend has just had a similar thing though, with the bleeding and the inconclusive scan and she is now 6 weeks and saw a heart beat, but she wasn't as far on as she thought, so in her first scan she was really worried because she thought she should see something and they never. This may be the case with you and your scan, it may just be too early! The wait ist torture though isn't it!

I am crossing my fingers that everything is ok for you

xxx

So just finished with the doctor. He said he can see a heartbeat but it's slow. Also still some bleeding but getting lighter. Asked for size and weeks but said it's still too early to tell. Told me to have another week of bed rest and come back next week to check again.

805F31B7-9AE4-461E-9C6D-C8261F962EEB.jpg

Here is the u/s. I was comparing on Google and it looks around 6 weeks? Not too far off but still worried bout the slow heart rate.

That looks around the size of my second scan I should have been 8 weeks but was measuring nearly 7 weeks. But I did catch up after that. When it's so early it's very hard to measure accurately. Beautiful scan pic though xx

Is it bad I know this baby will be a miscarriage and just want it to happened to continue on with life and try again. Yet have the tiniest hope it's not?

Everything you are feeling is totally normal my dear. Its a horrid time that you are in. Wanting it to happen so you can move on but at the same time hoping that all is okay. Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend that you can do, watch, read etc.. while resting? Do you have any company? Sending you lots of hugs. xxx

I'm in a similar boat, my last scan didn't show a proper heart beat (where the previous scan had), and I feel horrible for thinking if it's going to happen hurry up - but I also think it's ok to feel like that because this is a horrible scary situation. Don't be too hard on yourself, look after yourself and be paitent xx hope you get good news soon

Last edited:
Everything you are feeling is totally normal my dear. Its a horrid time that you are in. Wanting it to happen so you can move on but at the same time hoping that all is okay. Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend that you can do, watch, read etc.. while resting? Do you have any company? Sending you lots of hugs. xxx

I've been watching tons of dramas on Netflix. Nothing planned at all for the weekend. Just watching more movies. Eat some nachos and popcorn.

I'm in a similar boat, my last scan didn't show a proper heart beat (where the previous scan had), and I feel horrible for thinking if it's going to happen hurry up - but I also think it's ok to feel like that because this is a horrible scary situation. Don't be too hard on yourself, look after yourself and be paitent xx hope you get good news soon

My first scan showed no heartbeat. The past scan was a slow heartbeat. A small percentage it could have just started but i am trying to be realistic.

I was thinking 2 more days bed rest and go back to work? If I mostly just sit and relax, or even go back for a few days. I feel fine. And haven't had any bleeding in 3-4 days. I'm just going crazy sitting at home.

I would do whatever you feel comfortable with. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back