Thread no. 2 of not being able to sleep

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I canno get over how savagely painful heartburn has become. I haven't got any relief in my house-last time I had it I was at OH's house and had some gaviscon. I am honestly debating about going to supermarket and getting some, I'm in that much pain.

Strange, I think my baby has hiccups as I'm getting rhythmical movement that's quite forceful taking over my whole bump. Wonder if that makes acid reflux worse?! I don't get it during the flipping day, only at night when I would like to sleep!!

Cheers for listening guys. X

It's a killer isn't it! I get it day and night :(

If the usual remedies don't work for you then the doctor can prescribe you something Hun. I'm just too lazy to go down and get something :roll:

I don't suffer with heartburn but hope you manage to get some rest today!! Pregnancy sleepless is a killer!!

Do not know how I survived the night without my throat melting from acid burn lol. I don't actually know any other remedies other than gaviscon, so gonna get some today. Not nice at all!! Hope you guys are ok xxx

i've had no sleep properly for the past 9 days and im like a zombie!! im up every night till about 5am in absolute agony, crying, rolling around etc!

i use to take Zantac tablets to help with acid reflux and that usually sorted it but its go so servre that zantac dont seem to help me anymore.... Galvason does bugger all for me either (plus i cant take it with the zantac tablets as it cancels it out and stops it working)!

i went to my doc three days ago and told her how bad it was and she put me on 20mg of omprazole tablets daily and it hasnt really done much either, im still suffering every night so im back off to the doc again this afternoon for something strong or a larger dose atleast!!

my mum told me to start drinking actimal probiotic drinks daily to help digestion, so might be worth a shot? Also try not to eat past about 6pm and have alot of pillows to keep your head and neck upright more at night time (to stop acid traveling up). Also avoiding fatty/acidy/ greasy foods do help (my main trigger is heavy bread products)

i suffer with acid reflux anyway but the past few weeks its come on soooo bad and im sure its to do with baby/hormones etc

goodluck and dont suffer alone, if it gets real bad, go to the doc and let them do something for you.. its the worst pain ever... im sure if i can put up with it then labour wont be so bad?!? :-S lol

xxx

wow youre definately suffering worse than me!! lol. to be fair gaviscon does work, i feel bad for moaning lol as you arent having a great time at all are you! joys of pregnancy eh, i cant believe how much rubbish we have to go through! x

Hope you get some rest from this soon Lexi and Little L!

I was going to say the same, try to sleep sitting up against lots of pillows , just so you can get some sleep and then your not laying down which won't help it. My trigger is spicy stuff

i hate spicy food with a passion so defo wont have the problem of that setting it off haha anything sets mine off, when i woke up it appears!! god dammit! so annoying, ive sent my mother off to get me a bottle of gaviscon for when i get home from work! x

just a quick one - Lexi i went to my doc and they gave me aload of galvascon on prescription and obviously being pregnant you dont have to pay for prescriptions so try that, instead of paying for it!!! the big bottles alone are about £7+

P.S/ Been on the Actimal drinks for the past week and i havent had acid reflux for the past 3 nights at all so fingers crossed its the drinks starting to get into my system and helping?!? xx

speaking of heartburn i have had it all day gonna have some gaviscon now also try cold milk that does help.But is this why u cnt sleep hows u n little one chick? x

defo gonna go docs and get it!! save me some money!! mmmmmmm MILK!! lol i love the stuff too amanda, apart from that we are doing just fine honey, how are you and your little one to be?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back